Customer Service Rep
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Customer Service Rep
Ready for a Customer Service career with more impact ? Join a
market leader in ingredient manufacturing that is poised for a new
era of success.
Established yet entrepreneurial: Primient is an industry leader
with proven products, six manufacturing plants, 1500+ employees and
deep roots in corn wet milling. Yet we're also a brand-new company
that is ready to drive change and create impact.
Inspired by a meaningful purpose: we use renewable sources to
produce plant-based ingredients for some of the world's best-known
brands. It feels good to produce safe, high-quality, sustainable
products - that go into everything from sodas to hand cream and
cardboard to clothing.
Poised for a new era of success: we're investing in our plants and
people to unlock our potential in the industrial and food sectors.
Guided by our values of Safety, Excellence, Integrity, and Growth,
we're focused on growing our business, our reputation, and the
career of every colleague.
Our Customer Service team ensures that orders run smoothly from
start to finish. Team members deal directly with customer contacts
daily - building a rapport and strong long-term relationships.
There is also lots of collaboration with colleagues in Sales,
Production Planning and Transportation, providing a broad exposure
to the Primient business.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) requires strong
dedication to providing a high level of service to our customers,
and partners with sales to manage customer relationships and
expectations. This role is the primary contact for customers and
internal stakeholders, acting as the liaison to ensure strong
communication amongst all relevant parties and helping to drive the
company's strategy forward as a valued added supplier.
- Serves as customer's primary point of contact for all order and
supply chain related inquiries
- Responsible for all aspects of order entry and processing
- Order management and oversight from order receipt to product
delivery to the customer
- Collaborates with various internal teams across Supply Chain
and Sales to manage situations impacting the customer
- Problem solves to ensure customer is supplied through product
shortages, production failures, or truck shortages
- Tracks shipments for customers and provides assistance in
expediting when needed
- Managed EDI orders such as order confirmations, shipment
notices, COAs, and invoices that are transmitted via EDI from the
- Monitors daily reports to ensure order movement as expected
- Provides documentation support
- Responds to customer inquiries for product documentation
- Manages documentation output for order related documents
- Ensures proper information is supplied on customs documents for
clearance of orders being exported outside the US
- Responsible for contract review and billing activities
- Verifies contract pricing is accurate to ensure correct
- Resolves customer payment discrepancies
- Obtains required approvals to issue customer credits or debits
- Support special customer requests as needed
- Manages input and extraction of information from customer
- Manages consignment process, replenishing shipments and
reconciling inventories on a regular basis
- Achieve high target goal of global customer metrics by
processing all customer orders, invoices, and related outputs
accurately and within agreed timeframe and satisfactorily managing
and resolving all customer complaints within agreed timeframe.
- Assess and escalates any urgent issues to sales and management
- Exhibit a troubleshooting and continuous improvement mindset to
improve customer service standards
- Support a positive team environment, contributing to others'
tasks and activities when available and needed
- Maintain an orderly workflow ensuring proper prioritization of
- Perfectly executed order
- Complaint response and closure time
- Cross functional feedback on level of customer support
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years Customer Service experience in a related
- Extensive knowledge of SAP and Microsoft applications
- Experience in a quick response, highly fluctuating, customer
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Ability to work on call on a rotating basis
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent customer awareness and focus
- Strong and effective communication skills, both verbal and
- Demands high standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with
customers and business partners
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Must have the ability to maintain calm under pressure and work
in a fast paced team environment
- Strong efficiency and organizational skills
Rewards & benefits
Competitive salary / 401 K matching and non-contingent matching
plans / Healthcare / Medical insurance
Our structure provides autonomy and accountability in your role.
You have scope to develop a depth of expertise and the opportunity
to follow career pathways outside the norm.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
We are passionate believers in the power of difference. We strive
to represent the communities in which we operate and to provide an
inclusive, welcoming environment for all. We want Primient to be a
place where every employee feels they belong and knows they are
seen, heard, valued and safe to speak up. Our aspiration is to
unlock the full potential in diverse perspectives, while offering
everyone an equal chance to grow, thrive and progress.
Primient is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the
strength of an inclusive workforce.
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")
The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer
Privacy Act ("CCPA") and all data privacy and laws in the
jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. We collect
the following categories of personal information for the purpose of
hiring the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable
employment laws: Name and contact information; Job preference and
work availability; Social Security Number and/or other
identification information; Education and qualifications;
Employment history and experience; Military service; Reference and
background check information, including relevant criminal history
and credit history; Social media information; Pre-employment test
results; Post-offer medical examination information and results,
including drug test results; Voluntary self-disclosure information
regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and Information
provided by you during the hiring process.
Keywords: Primient, Springfield , Customer Service Rep, Sales , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!