Seasonal Retail Jewelry Sales Associate, White Oaks
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Macy--s is proudly America--s Department Store. There--s a reason
we--ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion,
value and celebration. Macy--s is also known for giving back to our
communities. The magic of Macy--s ultimately comes alive in our
stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen.
They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable
shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at
Macy--s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to
explore the world of retail. Some of Macy--s top executives started
their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store
positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and
developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy--s.
Macy--s stores are ideal for building capability in creating
partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of
tomorrow. Macy--s is the --Academy-- for retail careers. A store
colleague position (whether it--s a seasonal job, part-time retail
job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career
in the world of retail. Many of Macy--s top executives started
their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college
graduates into our development programs in the various functions at
Macy--s. Job Overview:
The Jewelry Sales associate is responsible for providing
outstanding customer service in the Jewelry & Watch Complex. This
includes meeting hourly sales and Star Rewards goals on a personal
and departmental basis, demonstrating superior product knowledge to
customers, building a clientele using the My Client system,
offering the customer our Worry No More service plan and creating a
shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and
comfortable. The Jewelry Sales associate will participate in
ongoing training via the iPad as well as attend vendor and trainer
facilitated trainings. Additionally, all Jewelry Sales associates
participate in all aspects of ensuring the department is operating
efficiently including but not limited to processing goods,
merchandising, taking price changes, setting and signing sales,
doing RTVs, BOPS & Fulfillment.
Macy--s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to
participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing
availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key
events and peak selling times, Macy--s may offer additional shifts
to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling
tool. Essential Functions:
- Be proficient in use of all POS systems including Search and
Send and My Client.
- Be proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to
shop and compare, whether Macy--s devices or their own.
- Assist customers in all aspects of service, and qualify
customer needs, figure out what's right for them by using steps of
MAGIC & Fine Touch Selling.
- Offer to put purchase on customer--s Macy--s charge
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm
that demonstrates Macy--s commitment to our customer.
- Participate in pre-selling and sales driving events including
trunk shows to maximize sales.
- Stay informed on current promotional events and sales.
- Offer and promote benefits of extended service plan to all
customers purchasing Fine Jewelry & Watches.
- Use clientele program to maintain customer profile and contact
information to increase personal sales and build solid customer
- Perform all aspects of fulfillment process; including, but not
limited to: picking, packing, labeling, shipping and BOPS.
- Offer to call other locations if merchandise is unavailable
within store or offer Search & Send.
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related
to Jewelry (POS procedures, iPad, Operations, Asset
- Ensure proper processing, presentation, organization, storing,
and replenishment of stock. Maintain Recovery & Fill in
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness;
ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to
watch sizing and ear piercing.
- Adhere to asset protection programs and procedures to ensure
audit compliance. Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays Physical
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to
perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register
and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs Candidates in Colorado: Click
here to find Pay Range information and here to learn about Benefits
Keywords: Macy--s, Springfield , Seasonal Retail Jewelry Sales Associate, White Oaks, Sales , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!