Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 19, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingMO-SSM Health Cardinal
Glennon Children's HospitalWorker Type:RegularJob Highlights:$5,000
Sign On Bonus!**Full Time Day Schedule with call**Sign on bonuses
are for external qualified candidates. - Internal candidates,
please check with your recruiter to see what options are available
for you.Job Summary:Maintains a clean/sterile field to provide
support for providers during endoscopic procedures. Prepares and
maintains instruments and equipment and demonstrates expertise in
the operation and function of required instruments and
equipment.Job Responsibilities and Requirements:PRIMARY
- Educates and assesses competency for new and existing
- Anticipates and plans individualized care for the patient for
all routine endoscopic procedures and anticipates most unexpected
patient and provider needs.
- Runs the table and/or endoscopic equipment and assists the
provider on all types of procedures utilizing the principles of
surgical asepsis, infection control, universal precautions and life
- Maintains an orderly and organized work environment and takes
responsibility for the maintenance and care of all equipment.
- Prioritizes effectively, implements problem solving skills and
performs in a coordinated manner when delivering care in high
- Demonstrate expertise in the operation and function of
instrumentation and equipment for routine endoscopic procedures
- Maintains endoscopic scopes and instruments sets, demonstrating
understanding of appropriate cleaning, high level disinfection
and/or sterilization methods and serves as a resource and mentor to
less experienced staff on cases, equipment and
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- High school diploma or equivalentEXPERIENCE
- Two years relevant work experiencePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of vision to judge distances and spatial
relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Constant use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Constant lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving patients.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Frequent use of speech to share information through oral
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing over 50 lbs.
- Occasional use of clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Occasional use of sitting, squatting, twisting and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Rare kneeling.Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life Support
HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA),
Certified Flexible Endoscope Reprocessor - The Certification Board
for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD), FUTURE - Basic
Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) within 90 days -
American Heart Association (AHA), FUTURE - Certified Flexible
Endoscope Reprocessor within 180 days - The Certification Board for
Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)Work Shift:Day Shift
(United States of America)Job Type:EmployeeDepartment:3200000010
EndoscopyScheduled Weekly Hours:32SSM Health is an equal
opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: SSM Health, Springfield , Endoscopy Technician, Professions , Saint Louis, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!