Environmental Technician I
Company: HPC Industrial
Location: Cottage Hills
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Opportunity: HPC-Industrial is looking for a LDAR Technician
to join their safety conscious team! The LDAR Monitoring
Technician, using an analyzer and electronic data recorder, is
responsible for accurately monitoring components on an assigned
route within an industrial facility. The Monitoring Technician is
also responsible for calibrating equipment to ensure optimum
performance of the analyzer, as well as identify leads and process
leak tags.Essential duties:
- Demonstrates initiative, planning work and carrying out tasks
without detailed instructions; makes
- constructive suggestions: prepares for problems or
opportunities in advance and undertakes
- additional responsibilities.
- Must possess the ability to use a portable analyzer and
electronic data collector.
- Ability to analyze data, evaluate situations and identify
problems or opportunities, including likely
- Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external
customers' needs in a manner that provides
- satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and be open to considering
new approaches to solving problems
- and work processes.
- Ability to develop factual, logical courses of action,
considering resources, constraints and company
- Responsible for monitoring components in an industrial
environment to detect emissions from
- process equipment.
- Performs monitoring activities for an assigned route wi thin a
prescribed period of time, ensuring all
- components are accurately monitored and reported.
- Responsible for calibrating equipment to ensure optimum
performance. Makes minor mechanical
- adjustments when situations arise.
- Identifies leaks and processes leak tags
- Completes daily upload of monitoring activity to the customer
database and completes daily
- emissions monitoring reports- must have basic computer
- Communicate daily equipment changes with office personnel
- Communicate/Coordinate with plant personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Working Environment:
- Outdoor/Plant/IndustrialSkills and experience:
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) and
- Prior experience in chemical plants or refineries is helpful,
but not necessary.
- Must be willing/able to work at moderate to high levels of
physical exertion for extended periods.
- Must be willing/able to work in inclement weather conditions
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends when
- Mechanical aptitude and problem-solving abilities a
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)HPC-Industrial and its
subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all
individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran
status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other
characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law.
HPC-Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*HPC*CH
Keywords: HPC Industrial, Springfield , Environmental Technician I, Professions , Cottage Hills, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!