Global Logistics Specialist II - AWS Shift - NAIC2
Company: World Wide Technology
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to
accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world
class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge
technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of
creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work.
We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative
and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the
most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
Founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri, WWT is a global systems
integrator and supply chain solutions provider that employs over
8,000 people and operates more than 3.4 million square feet of
state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution, and lab integration
space strategically located throughout the U.S. We have an
inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to
company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has
been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For -" list for
the past ten years.
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together
to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking
for a Global Logistics Specialist II - AWS (Sat- Mon 8:00AM-
**WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN THE LOGISTICS TEAM?**
WWT's Logistics and Supply Chain teams enable customers to meet
specific challenges in product lead time, configuration, reducing
delivery delays and shortening time-to-market for their products
with supply chain solutions. With 3.4 million square feet across
four facilities strategically located in St. Louis/ Southern
Illinois Region. WWT is able to configure and ship more than
700,000 integrated systems a year around the world. WWT's focus is
to simplify the process, becoming your single point of contact to
design, build, test and deploy fully integrated IT systems on
Daily shipping execution (including but not limited to, load
tendering, documentation preparation, track and trace and other
daily logistical activities) related to both Domestic and
International shipments originating from all WWT warehouse
locations and other vendor and remote facilities. The position is
also responsible to execute procedures related to export and import
compliance consistent with accordance with global guidelines.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the industry, including the
key players and their success strategies.
- Develops an awareness of industry issues, including trends and
challenges or concepts.
- Develops a broad understanding of industry products/services and
their applications; distinguishes the pros, cons and implications
of the options.
- Coaches others on how to utilize resources to maximize
performance; modifies reports and tools in order to improve
- Implements improvements that impact the quality of products,
services and processes.
- Monitors and suggests methods for continuous improvement for the
department; creates measures to check the accuracy of information
for the team.
- Anticipates and recognizes bottlenecks in work processes between
teams and makes suggestions for ongoing improvement.
- Leads implementation teams and ensures the successful execution
of new ideas or approaches.
- Coordinates with team to define the measures of success for
- Utilizes current tools and databases to organize, track and store
information and devises plans for creation of new tools as
- Shares information with other team members to ensure they have
up-to-date knowledge of records management procedures and
- Ensures that all office records are accurately entered in the
records in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Conducts a deep review of data and issues to quickly reveal the
root cause of problem.
- Recommends interim and long-term solutions to complex problems to
ensure successful resolution.
- Executes solutions to complex problems; guides the analysis of a
problem all the way to a successful resolution.
- Demonstrates ability to manage several tasks and meet
deliverables with minimal error.
- Determines the relative impact and urgency of individual
- Appropriately makes difficult trade-offs on time and resources
when faced with conflicting demands and high priority
- Demonstrates compelling rationale while explaining ideas to gain
support in order to resolve issues and effectively influence
- Offers alternatives and suggestions to address areas of
differences in order to find a common ground.
- Considers the situation from the point of view of the other party
to identify a common ground; calculates the costs and benefits of
possible solutions and the implications of not reaching an
- Keeps current on laws, controls and regulatory requirements
framework and structure.
- Adheres to legal and regulatory requirements (e.g., reporting
mandates, compliance requirements).
- Builds advanced knowledge of internal and external market control
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of the company's
financial and management accounting policies, procedures and
- Develops a depth of knowledge of the accounting principles for
one or more disciplines (e.g., GAAP, Cost Accounting, Tax
Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing).
- Demonstrates understanding of regulatory requirements and
financial accounting standards (e.g., IFRS, FASB, SEC).
- Coordinates bringing together different stakeholders with varied
perspectives to develop solutions to issues, and contributes own
- Thinks holistically to identify opportunities around policies/
processes to increase efficiency across organizational
- Assists with a whole systems approach to analyzing issues by
ensuring all components (structure, people, process and technology)
are identified and accounted for.
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Business or related field
- 3-5 years' experience in both Domestic and International
Logistics and Trade Compliance
- Ability to multi-task in a face paced environment.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio application proficiency.
- Excellent communications skills
- Six Sigma/ Lean training a plus
- MRP experience a plus (Oracle or SAP)
- Knowledge of and experience US import and export regulations
- Must be fluent in English, any other language is a plus
WWT HAS A VACCINE REQUIREMENT FOR ALL OF ITS U.S. WORKFORCE. ALL
NEW HIRES MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED BEFORE STARTING AT WWT.
APPROPRIATE RELIGIOUS AND MEDICAL ACCOMMODATIONS WILL BE MADE AND
CAN BE DISCUSSED IN THE PRE-HIRE PROCESS.
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and
competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com
for more information.
_DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION IS MORE THAN A COMMITMENT AT WWT
-- IT IS THE FOUNDATION OF WHAT WE DO. THROUGH DIVERSE NETWORKS AND
PIPELINES, WE HAVE A CLEAR VISION: TO CREATE A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
FOR ALL. WE BELIEVE INCLUSION INCLUDES U. BE WHO U ARE AT WWT!_
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently
Keywords: World Wide Technology, Springfield , Global Logistics Specialist II - AWS Shift - NAIC2, Professions , Edwardsville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!