Company: Spectrum Brands Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The Pet Care business unit of Spectrum Brands is based in St.
Louis, Missouri with distribution, manufacturing and sales offices
throughout the US and globe. Owners of dogs, cats, birds, small
animals, fish and reptiles rely on our brands for exceptional value
and trusted results. Our industry-leading brands include Tetra -,
Instant Ocean -, Marineland -, 8-in-1 -, Dingo -, FURminator -,
Nature's Miracle -, GloFish -, DreamBone - and SmartBones -.
The Inventory Control Clerk is essential to maintaining inventory
accuracy. Duties include cycle counting, material audits,
production floor (includes dry room), weekly material scrap,
material handling backup. Accuracy, attention to detail,
exceptional work ethic, willingness to adapt, and a positive
attitude are essential to success in this role.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
* Understand and demonstrate safe work practices at all times; must
stay focused on maintaining a safe work environment.
* Demonstrate high level of good housekeeping practices to promote
a safe work environment.
* Maintain open communication with Supervisor, Line Leaders, and
* Perform Cycle Counts per monthly goals.
* Verify system inventory counts against physical counts and
investigate and report reasons for discrepancies.
* Ensure material handlers are adhering to proper scanning
* Complete weekly production line and dry room scrapping and
identify and present management recurring issues for
* Monitor Hold material and publish monthly status report.
* Safely operate the forklift and report safety or mechanical
* Affix proper storage unit labels to the inbound components.
* Report shortages, discrepancies or damage to Production
* Comply with all company policies and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Profile
* High School Diploma/GED; or one to three months related
experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education
* Previous experience in inventory control, warehouse an or related
* Must have material handling or receiving experience.
* Ability to communicate effectively, read, and comprehend basic
instructions, short correspondence and memos.
* Ability to add, sub-tract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Ability to repetitively lift up to 50 pounds.
* Proficiently operate a sit-down & stand-up fork truck.
* Exposure to hot and cold warehouse climate
* Frequent exposure to motorized warehouse equipment
* Frequent standing, sitting, walking, bending, pushing, pulling,
Keywords: Spectrum Brands Inc., Springfield , Inventory Clerk, Professions , Bridgeton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!