Pharmacy Technician I
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Under the direct guidance and supervision of a licensed
Pharmacist(s), and following all Federal and State regulations,
prepares and distributes medications and maintains drug inventory
and patient records.
High School diploma/GED or current enrollment in High School/GED
- Possesses a current State of Illinois Technician license or is
able to obtain such license within 60 days of application.
Applicants may not begin work without proof of licensure
application, either electronic (Web) verification or hard copy of
- Pharmacy Technician Certification through the Pharmacy
Technician Certification Board-(PTCB) or the Exam for the
Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT) is required by the
second pharmacy technician license renewal except for:
- Pharmacy technicians who obtained initial licensure prior to
January 1, 2008.
- Pharmacy students enrolled in an accredited school of
- Prior pharmacy training preferred
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication, problem
solving, basic math, and customer relations skills.
- Demonstrates basic computer knowledge, with the ability to
operate keyboard and mouse to access and store information into an
- Ability to push, pull, and transport up to 50 lbs. and
stand/walk for long periods of time. Responsibilities
- Assists the pharmacist in filling medication orders including
orders for IV admixtures, surgical kits, compounded orders, or
- Complies with all Federal, State, or other regulatory
requirements as they relate to drug control, drug storage, drug
dispensing or drug returns.
- Monitors medication stock levels and advises appropriate
pharmacy staff of depletion or low levels of critical medications
- Adheres to all necessary State, Federal (USP) sterility
requirements in preparation of sterile products.
- Delivers medications in a timely manner, placing patient needs
- Utilizes pharmacy computer program / software to generate
labels, post charges and issue credits, run reports, and enter
patient specific information.
- Complies with all department, State and Federal requirements
for completing appropriate online and paper records and reports for
historical and auditing purposes.
- Serves as a back-up for other areas within the unit or
department, especially during times of special needs or staff
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
Occupational Hazards: Potential for exposure to infectious patients
and materials, though rare. Potential for exposure to hazardous and
toxic substances including chemotherapy, cytotoxic drugs, and
cleaning solutions. Potential for sticks or cuts by needles and
other sharp, potentially contaminated items. Potential for
musculoskeletal injuries if proper lifting and carrying techniques
are not used.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative
summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform
tasks other than those specifically presented in this
Associated topics: ascp, laboratory, medical laboratory science,
molecular, services, sterile processing technician, technician,
technician laboratory, testing, toxicology
Keywords: Memorial Health, Springfield , Pharmacy Technician I, Professions , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!