Data & BI Analyst II - US Remote Eligible
Company: EDWARD JONES
Posted on: January 15, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.A typical branch office
has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and
one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to
build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in
St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and
Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward
Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial
services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of
long-term individual investors.Data and BI Analyst IIData &
AnalyticsFirm Analytics partners with business areas to provide
analytical and financial insights for firm decision making and
strategic planning. Data & Analytics utilize advanced data
manipulation techniques and tools in their expertise of sourcing
and transforming of data that provide actionable insights.The Data
and BI Analyst will be dedicated to supporting the Pricing Center
of Excellence or Performance & Incentive Center of Excellence. The
Client Pricing COE exists to develop a robust client pricing
function for an organization of our size/complexity while
developing forward-looking monetization approaches that complement
Firm strategy. The Performance and Incentives COE is responsible
for establishing the branch team compensation and incentive vision
and strategies to recognize and reward branch team member's
contribution to fulfilling our purpose of partnering for positive
impact to improve the lives of our clients and colleagues and
together better our communities and society. Key
- Maintain a strong understanding of division results & key
business drivers, as well as an understanding of key strategies &
priorities of business, to be able to apply business knowledge to
analytic approach to address business questions.
- Drive measurement and improvement strategies by connecting
business activity to outcomes that will help achieve stated
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of data sets available to
- Extract, merge, cleanse and transform data from multiple
sources as needed for analysis.
- Apply critical thinking to pressure test and validate logic and
outputs against known sources and understanding of business.
Proactively identify data quality issues.Data Requirements:
- Define business and data requirements for analytic
deliverables, and serve as liaison with IS support teams.
- Lead collaboration with IDM for data improvements and
proactively identify data enhancements in conjunction with division
- Understand and apply beginning statistical concepts.
- Provide actionable insights to support business decisions,
primarily by performing root cause, exploratory, sensitivity and
scenario analysis, hypothesis testing, economic modeling and data
visualization to identify patterns/trends/insights etc. on
ambiguous business problems.Storytelling & Communication:
- Independently generate and incorporate insights into a cohesive
story that clearly addresses business questions.
- Effectively create and communicate tailored messages to the
business partners regarding analytic ideas, approach, key takeaways
and actionable insights.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical
- Develop and manage business relationships with project team
members and leaders across the organization.
- Consult with business owners to understand the business
problem. Collaborate with others to identify the appropriate
analytic approach to solve the problem.
- Lead the development and monitoring of KPIs and benchmarks.
Ability to communicate results to senior leaders.
- Serve as a technical and functional data subject matter
- Document, monitor, and proactively recommend improvements to
processes and controls related to areas of responsibility.
- Quantify the impact of process improvement, propose solutions
to relevant parties and drive implementation of solutions with
support from leader.BI Development:
- Interact with BI Tools to answer questions, build low to
moderately complex visulizations and reports
- Ability to test and maintain BI products developed and follow
BI governance process and procedures.Position
- Bachelor's Degree required with an emphasis in business,
economics, math, engineering or analytics preferred (or relevant
- Advanced degree or certification preferred.Years Work
Experience: 3-5 years with at least 2 years of analytic
- Proficiency interacting with various database and file storage
systems (Examples: Oracle, Hadoop, NoSQL). Understanding of join
- Experience with data manipulation languages, such as SQL,
- Knowledge of statistical concepts and analytic techniques,
including descriptive statistics, forecasting, economic modeling,
exploratory analysis, and variance analysis required.
- Ability to perform univariate analytic analytial
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, including use of pivot
tables, formulas, macros, vba, charts/graphs.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBi,
- Strong analytical, critical and systems thinking
required.Persons requiring sponsorship for an employment visa are
ineligible for this position
- FORTUNE 2020 Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE
100 Best Companies to Work For list.
- From FORTUNE 2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for
millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index Edward Jones joins the ranks of
680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC
Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25
on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list the highest
ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the
2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE
magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two
spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of
rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee
feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward
Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in
2019 list, the firms 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was
ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance
and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work
and FORTUNE. Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information
or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we
value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we
recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that
promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being.
Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation
approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes
benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this
role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills,
experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential
new associate:Salary: $76798 - $130764Category: Headquarters
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Springfield , Data & BI Analyst II - US Remote Eligible, Professions , Venice, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!