Maintenance Mechanic - Industrial (Union) (1,500 Sign On Bonus) $30.64+ $0.41 Night Shift Diff.
Company: Graham Packaging
Location: Maryland Heights
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Company Statement Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of
sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham
Packaging is part of your everyday life. They're the kind of people
you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and
suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for
our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that's
inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Overview Graham Packaging Company is looking for a Maintenance
Mechanic ( $1,500 Sign On Bonus) $30.64+ $0.41 Night Shift Diff.
This position is for night shift. Must be willing to work 8 or 12
hour shifts.Maintenance -Mechanics are responsible for installation
and repair of equipment in the plant. The Maintenance -Mechanic
will perform preventative and reactive maintenance on all
production equipment and building issues. Responsibilities The
primary duties of a Maintenance Technician include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety,
health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies,
procedures and recognized practices.
- Focus on producing quality product by monitoring quality levels
and adjust the manufacturing processes to ensure product
- Maintain controls for assuring successful plant performance to
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain Blow
Molding -production machines and the plant facility's
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment
during operation and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of
production equipment during machine service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment
and plant facilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to,
mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and
repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform
required maintenance and service.
- Perform simple machinist skills.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and
material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those
and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Assist and train production employees in proper operation and
maintenance of machinery
- Limited travel may be required Qualifications -A minimum of
four -years Industrial Maintenance Technician experience is
preferred.Maintenance -Mechanics are required to interact with
managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the
following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements
of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed
routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly
both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group
objectives; volunteers to help others. EEO Disclaimer Graham
Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental
disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status,
veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Graham Packaging, Springfield , Maintenance Mechanic - Industrial (Union) (1,500 Sign On Bonus) $30.64+ $0.41 Night Shift Diff., Professions , Maryland Heights, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!