IT Help Desk Technician
Company: McKendree University
Posted on: November 22, 2021
McKendree University is accepting applications for the
Information Technology (IT) Helpdesk Technician position located at
its Lebanon, IL campus. This is a full-time, benefits eligible
position.Reporting to the Chief Information Officer and Director of
IT, the IT Helpdesk Technician works collaboratively with other
members of the IT team at McKendree to support the faculty, staff,
and students and provide IT solutions to the organization. This
role fulfills requests and addresses issues brought forth through
our ticketing system, as well as the IT support phone line. This
position provides a great opportunity for an entry-level IT
professional to learn basic support function, as well as offer
exposure to higher level systems.PRIMARY DUTIES AND
- Provides first-level support for end users via phone call,
email, or ticket.
- Provides troubleshooting assistance to end-users with a high
standard of quality and in a timely manner.
- Diagnoses and resolves issues with systems like access
management, Office 365, telephone services, and print
- Provides follow-up and responds to tickets with informative
responses to the end user.
- Escalates tickets and phone calls to appropriate personnel for
- Documents incidents and changes when appropriate.
- Assists with other projects as assigned by director.REQUIRED
- 2-year Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience supporting software, printers, or other business
systems.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of standard operating systems for PC and Mac
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Understands confidentiality with business and technical users
at all levels of the university.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and ability to apply
skills while working independently.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4-year Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field.
- Prior experience working in a help desk environment.WORK
HOURS/CONDITIONS: -- Office environment with routine walking to
other campus buildings and offices; normal business hours are
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; occasional
evenings and weekend commitments.-- Prolonged periods sitting at a
desk and working on a computer.-- Must be able to lift up to 15
pounds at times.McKendree University, Illinois' first and finest,
is a private university in Lebanon, IL, just 25 minutes from
downtown St. Louis, home of the 11-time World Series champs (St.
Louis Cardinals) and the 2019 Stanley Cup winner (St. Louis Blues).
St. Louis also boasts a wonderful zoo, a first-rate botanical
garden, a vibrant art scene (both performing and visual), and a
plethora of top-notch restaurants.Interested candidates should send
a letter of interest referencing job #HDT96 with a resume/CV and
contact information for three professional references to the
Director of Human Resources.McKendree is an ADA/EEO/Vet/Disabled
employer committed to enhancing the cultural and gender diversity
of the campus. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.Job
Type: Full-timePay: $30,000.00 - $35,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to FridayCOVID-19 considerations:In accordance with
Illinois Gov. Executive Order 2021-20, all Illinois higher
education personnel & students on campus must receive the COVID-19
vaccine. All unvaccinated individuals must participate in weekly
surveillance testing until fully vaccinated.Education:
- Associate (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: McKendree University, Springfield , IT Help Desk Technician, Professions , Lebanon, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!