Sr HRIS Analyst- Remote Opportunity Available Information Services - Full-Time
Company: Memorial Health System
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Performs the more advanced consultation and data analyses
related to the development, configuration and support of MHS' Human
Resources Information System (HRIS) and other HR ancillary systems
and processes. Performs data extractions/analysis and report
writing to meet business needs or inquiries. Recommends and
implements improved processes, analyses and reports to effectively
meet the organization's strategic goals. Provides technical
guidance to lesser-experienced HRIS/IT staff. Keeps abreast of
industry trends related to HRIS.Required Skills
- Provides advanced level consultation to leaders and other
applicable organizational units regarding HRIS capabilities and
functionality. Provides technical guidance and expertise regarding
HRIS and collaborates with others to develop and implement
workable, cost-effective options & solutions that meet
- Supports HRIS solutions including issue identification,
troubleshooting, customer requests, report writing and partnering
with internal customers and departments to ensure the systems
function per requirements. Identifies HRIS improvement
opportunities by identifying co-dependencies within MHS.
- Serves as a role model and subject matter expert for MHS' HRIS
function. Provides technical guidance, consultation and training to
lesser-experienced HRIS Analyst(s), other staff and/or users.
- Leads and organizes the study and analysis of market influences
and industry trends related to HRIS. Recommends MHS' operational
approach to technology solutions. Coordinates the development and
implementation of potential options/solutions and conducts analyses
to determine impact and cost. Assists in determining system
requirements, resource needs, project plans and timelines to
accomplish HRIS objectives.
- Develops the identification and documentation of HRIS work
processes with the goal of creating operational efficiencies and/or
cost savings opportunities.
- Plans, designs, builds, tests, trains, deploys, and evaluates
post-implementation results of new HRIS solutions and related
upgrades/enhancements. Builds complex HRIS interfaces.
- Evaluates HRIS requests to identify risks and benefits and
works with internal customers to identify optimal solutions.
Develops complex queries, metrics and reports and ensures the
accuracy of data before release.
- Maintains, updates, retrieves and evaluates information housed
in HRIS solutions and databases. Maintains confidentiality of
sensitive employee data, financial information and of all system
information. Maintains the accuracy of the employee master data by
extracting and analyzing data and providing feedback as needed.
- Drives the implementation of approved programs, practices, and
technology to improve workflow. Ensures that all projects are
appropriately documented, planned, controlled, communicated and
- Performs ongoing assessment of learning needs and designs,
develops, implements and evaluates educational programming to meet
the learning needs of MHS in the use of the HRIS, ancillary
systems, tools and processes.
- Leads and coordinates year-end tasks and processes to ensure
all requirements are met.
- Maintains availability to support organizational needs during
"non-office hours" when issues/failures arise.
- Develops strong networks by cultivating relationships inside
and outside the organization; fosters collaboration to enable
effective completion of business objectives. Serves on (or may
lead) committees, task forces, and teams as deemed valuable by the
- Performs other related work as required or requested.The intent
of this job description is to provide a representative summary of
the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of
this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than
those specifically presented in this description.Required
- Education equivalent to a bachelor's degree in management
information systems, computer science, business (or other related
field) is required. Four or more years of experience performing
technical support, systems analysis, or related IT field may be
considered in lieu of a bachelor's
- SHRM certification within one year of job placement
- Successfully attains the Six Sigma Green Belt certification
within two years of job placement.Experience:
- Four or more years as an HRIS Analyst (or the equivalent) is
- Progressive experience with information technology/HRIS system
analysis and implementation is required.
- Previous HRIS experience with HR Lawson and API in a healthcare
environment is strongly preferred.Other Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of HRIS technology, its
functionality, technical components, interfaces, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to execute HRIS projects of any size from
inception through completion (i.e., development, measurement &
reporting of key performance indicators and continuous quality
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and measure the
quantitative/qualitative impact of HRIS implementations.
- Excellent oral and written communication with the ability to be
persuasive and deal with potential conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a technical expert and trainer
on HRIS and related systems issues.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills related to data
usage in decision making and planning.
- Demonstrated ability to research, identify and analyze system
requirements, develop recommendations and implement solutions.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking with the ability to exercise
sound judgement, hold sensitive information confidential and
provide deliverables under strict deadlines.
- Sound knowledge of computer systems including hardware,
operating systems, programming language and data communications.
Demonstrated report writing proficiency utilizing Crystal,
Microsoft Access, and/or SQL.
- Demonstrated advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office
computer applications for use in written form (including
PivotTables, VLOOKUP, statistical analysis charts, etc.).Position
Keywords: Memorial Health System, Springfield , Sr HRIS Analyst- Remote Opportunity Available Information Services - Full-Time, Professions , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!