Sr. Network Consultant
Company: Burwood Group
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Senior Network ConsultantWho We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We
are an innovative, culture-driven, industry leader and we are
growing our team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago
(and still headquartered here), we've grown to be a 200+ employee
firm with people and offices spread from Southern California to
NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and
technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor
and partner who can help them select the best technology for the
job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure
project success by the business outcomes achieved.
What You'll Do
The Senior Network Consultant is responsible for providing subject
matter expertise to clients and project teams.
- Provide design, implementation and support expertise to clients
and project teams
- Understand customer requirements and align with technology
- Manage and execute project level tasks and milestones
- Mentor junior and mid-level consultants
- Participate in business development and pre-sales
- Ongoing evaluation and improvement of internal processes
- Stay current on market trends, technologies and best
In addition, you will join a Center of Excellence where you'll
interact with your peers across the country to help develop best
practices and future solutions.
Who You Are
- You have a strong IT and Consulting background.
- You have achieved or are working towards your CCIE R/S.
- You have strong business acumen and are adept at communicating
across all levels how technical solutions solve business
- You build relationships and bring considerable value,
partnering with clients as a trusted advisor.
- You provide leadership both internally and externally to move
work forward and meet objectives.
- You are dedicated to continual learning and staying current on
technology to always have a point-of-view worth sharing.
- You have excellent communication skills whether that be
in-person, over-the-phone or e-mail.
- You don't mind responsibility, you're accountable for your work
and dedicated to a job well done.
- You're willing to travel.
The Tech Stuff
- Strong understanding of network architectures, solutions,
processes, frameworks, and components
- Strong understanding Layer 1-4 networking, preferably
- Strong understanding of security or wireless solutions and
processes highly desired
- Hands-on experience working with Cisco Nexus, Cisco Sourcefire,
Palo Alto Networks, Aruba Networks, and Citrix Netscaler a
- Experience with SDN, NFV, and automation a plus
- Citrix SDWAN or SDWAN technologies a plus
- Strong understanding of IT and business operations, healthcare
experience a plus
If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood "what we love", the
top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are
driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In
addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability coverage
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and
- Access to financial planning expertise
Keywords: Burwood Group, Springfield , Sr. Network Consultant, Professions , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!