Machine Operator I
Posted on: April 14, 2019
Responsible for day-to-day card production, maintenance of
machinery and equipment, and any other procedures deemed
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
* Setting up and operating a variety of automatic and
semi-automatic machines used in the production of the Company s
* Ensure that all machinery is operational.
* Perform daily cleaning of equipment and surrounding areas.
* Requires the ability to use specialized equipment.
* Keep scrap levels to a minimum.
* Maintain a high level of card quality.
* Ensure that the zero gap process is performed in the manner
spelled out by the procedures.
* Interfacing with the customer in a professional manner, either by
telephone or delivery.
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar
work-related duties as assigned.
* Be able to work constructively with little supervision.
* Must be able to work on assignments that are moderately
* Must be able to use a moderate amount of judgment required to
perform assigned task.
* Able to learn and retain the operation of all equipment in the
* Must be familiar with standard Microsoft Windows computer
* Must have basic reading, writing, and math skills.
* Able to follow written and verbal instructions that can be very
detailed in nature.
* Dependable / reliable.
* Must be able to function in a small group.
* Some college education preferred, but not required
* 1-2 years' experience in a production or manufacturing
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Travel Requirements, such as:
* Generally not required, but, must have ability to travel locally
for activities such as meetings, classes, and workshops
Working Conditions, such as:
* General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted,
heated, and ventilated.
Physical Demands, such as:
* Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do
the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying
of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an
automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual
dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone,
and other office equipment.
* The work requires light physical effort with frequent lifting
and/or moving of materials in the 10-30 pound range and occasional
lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity and ability to
manipulate small objects. May require normal range of hearing and
vision to operate machinery.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, and other protected characteristics..
Keywords: IDEMIA, Springfield , Machine Operator I, Other , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!