Company: Springfield Clinic
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Dosimetrists are responsible for generating radiation dose
distributions and/or the calculation of radiation treatment plans
in accordance with physician prescription.
- Reports to the Lead Medical Physicist
- Designs plans for radiation treatment by conferring with the
attending radiation oncologist and submits the designed plan to a
medical physicist for review.
- Obtains final plan approval from the attending
- Calculates the values of necessary parameters (e.g.: monitor
units, gantry angle, MLC parameters) to deliver the prescribed
radiation dose distribution and perform special dosimetry
measurements (e.g. in-vivo OSLD measurements) as
- Bills for treatment planning components (e.g. plan
calculations, custom MLCs/blocks, treatment devices) for each
patient according to Springfield Clinic policy and
- Prepares all technical documentation required for treatment set
up and record completion.
- Participates in department and professional education and
training, department meetings, chart rounds, and assist department
leaders with training and implementation of new modalities and
- Comply with the Springfield Clinic incident reporting policy
- Adhere to all OSHA and Springfield Clinic training &
accomplishments as required per policy.
- Provide excellent customer service and adhere to Springfield
Clinic's Code of Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and Certified Medical Dosimetrist (CMD)
- Two years of experience in radiation therapy dosimetry is
- Two or more years of experience in radiation therapy delivery
is strongly preferred.
- Certified Medical Dosimetrist (CMD) certification by the
Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board required.
- Must maintain active accreditation in Radiography with the
Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA), Division of Nuclear
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to utilize treatment
management and planning systems (i.e. Varian ARIA, Varian Eclipse,
- Demonstrated operational understanding of the radiotherapy
simulation (i.e. Siemens CT) and treatment (i.e. Varian
TrueBeam/Edge) equipment and ancillary components.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Manual dexterity, social skills, professional integrity, and
commitment to teamwork.
- Will be exposed to fumes, cleaning agents, and hazardous
- Will be exposed to conditions including exposure to blood and
body fluids, tissue and/or contagious diseases.
- Occasionally heavy lifting required.
Keywords: Springfield Clinic, Springfield , Dosimetrist (Remote), Other , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!