Charge Entry Specialist
Company: Coronis Health
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job Description and Performance Standards
Job Title Charge Entry Specialist
Department Lab and Path, Charge Entry
Direct Supervisor Charge Entry Supervisor/Director
Expected Hours of Work
- Full Time, Days, Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm, 40
hours per week
- Enter current information from requisition to accession with
speed and accuracy.
- Preview prefilled information within each accession with speed
- Understand and follow order entry rules and policies for each
- Enter ADP information daily of time worked, job function and
- Attend all mandatory meetings, trainings, and conferences.
- Meet defined metrics as outlined by department protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as judgment or necessity
dictates to include mandatory overtime.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years' experience in transaction charge entry or related
healthcare experience preferred.
- Demonstrates strong organization skills, attention to detail,
with timely follow through.
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and manage multiples
- Ability to prioritize work and work independently with minimal
- Ability to work from home or in an office setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
to a diverse audience.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and initiate
appropriate actions to correct situations.
- Knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Confidentiality Policies.
- Ability to convey detailed or important information to
employees, patients, internal staff, payers, and leadership.
- Ability to stop and ask questions if uncertain about what is
needed with certain situations.
- Ability to work with a positive attitude and be a team
- Must have prior experience, preferably in a healthcare
- Ability to read and interpret common documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Ability to communicate via e-mail and/or telephone.
- Must have prior experience updating patient accounts billing
- Must demonstrate strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
Word/Excel/Outlook, and payer portals.
- Must demonstrate ability to type 40+WPM required (alphanumeric
& 10-key typing) with speed and accuracy.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a deadline sensitive
Compliance, Safety and Attendance
- Responsible for following Coronis' Compliance Plan.
- Responsible for working in a manner to prevent unsafe
conditions and hazards in the work environment that may adversely
affect the safety and health of self and others.
- Reports incidents and accidents to the department supervisor or
manager as soon as they occur.
- Arrives at work on time; begins work promptly and is available
until the end of the shift.
- Provides proper notification and advance notice for absences or
- Does not abuse unplanned absences.
- Returns to work on time from lunches or breaks.
- Attends to personal needs and health appointments so as not to
interfere with work schedule.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO and more
Keywords: Coronis Health, Springfield , Charge Entry Specialist, Other , Fenton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...