Company: Sonepar USA
Posted on: March 17, 2023
At Springfield Electric, we take great pride in our associates'
passion, knowledge and experience. As a company with local roots
and global reach, we thrive on the diversity of our associates and
the different ways each of us contributes to our success. Whether
you're just starting your career or have built up your expertise
over the years, we trust our people's skills and give them the
tools they need to reach their full potential.Since 1929,
Springfield Electric has focused on providing value to each
customer throughout the electrical supply chain. The company has
strategically expanded to include distribution centers throughout
the Midwest, including Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, and Missouri, to
better serve all customers locally and internationally. Today,
Springfield Electric strives to continue the legacy of delivering
exceptional customer service and value to the markets we serve.As a
part of Sonepar, a worldwide leader in electrical distribution, we
have a global reach that allows us to offer excellent benefits and
develop innovative solutions, while maintaining our strong local
roots and close-knit culture.Primary FunctionThe Quotations
Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the bidding quotation
process for customer requests and projects in an accurate and
timely manner and in conjunction with the appropriate sales
associates. Each quotation shall be prepared in a manner which
reflects the branchs sales and profitability objectives.Essential
- Analyzes project blue prints and identifies required
specifications to prepare a bill of materials needed.
- Prepares project bill of materials and submits to appropriate
vendors for pricing information.
- Formulates the bids unique pricing strategy by combining the
vendors pricing information received with the branchs sales margin
objectives; coordinates pricing strategy with appropriate sales and
- Prepares and submits project bid proposals in a complete and
accurate manner which reflects the formulated pricing strategy,
assuring all submission deadlines are met.
- Maintains an accurate follow-up system for actively tracking
bids and quotations provided to customers assuring no bid is left
- Upon achievement of proposal award, coordinates the ordering
and delivery processes with sales associates to assure that
materials are delivered in accordance with the terms outlined in
the bid proposal.
- Monitors the progress of ordering activities associated with
bid projects to assure the accuracy of the bids pricing and
- Prescribes limits of profit mark-up and evaluates profit
performance on quotations with the Branch Manager to assure that
performance is aligned with the branchs sales and profitability
- Continuously communicates with customers throughout the
quotation/bid process to share information related to products,
manufacturers pricing, shipping requirements, etc.
- Establishes and maintains ethical, cooperative manufacturer
- Informs and educates relevant branch associates on pricing
changes and strategies to assure all customer pricing is conducted
on a consistent basis.
- Maintains current knowledge of inventory, including appropriate
- Maintains a complete and updated library of manufacturers
- Attends product sales meetings and trainings to develop
on-going product knowledge.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required to successfully
complete the job.Necessary Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent on
the job experience as determined by Springfield Electric.
- 3+ years of experience with electrical and lighting products
and other related project material.
- Demonstrated customer and vendor relationship building and
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in
written and verbal formats.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to accurately read blue prints and spec layouts.
- Strong attention to details and demonstrated follow-up
- Demonstrated time management and organization skills, including
the ability to plan and manage multiple priorities
- Proven proficiency in general personal computer application, as
well as in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Word and
- Ability to work well in a team environment.Desirable
- Completion of EPEC Bronze, Silver and Gold Levels or commitment
to complete such training within 12 months of starting job
assignment. Physical Ability Requirements
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor,
adding machine, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related
materials that frequently weigh up to 25 lbs. and that may
occasionally weigh in excess of 25 lbs.Why work for Springfield
Electric?At Springfield Electric, we take great pride in being
Powered by Difference. As a company with local roots and global
reach, we thrive on the diversity of our associates and the
different ways each of us contributes to our success. Whether
you're just starting your career or have built up your expertise
over the years, we can provide opportunities to expand your
industry experience and help take our business to another level.
401K Plan, Competitive Medical Plans (medical, dental, and vision),
Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible
Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance
Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, Long-term and
Short-term Disability, Life Insurance and a Definitive Career
Path.About Springfield ElectricSince 1929, Springfield Electric has
focused on providing value to each customer throughout the
electrical supply chain. The company has strategically expanded to
include distribution centers throughout the Midwest, including
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, and Missouri, to better serve all
customers locally and internationally. Today, Springfield Electric
strives to continue the legacy of delivering exceptional customer
service and value to the markets we serve. As a part of Sonepar, a
worldwide leader in electrical distribution, we have a global reach
that allows us to offer excellent benefits and develop innovative
solutions, while maintaining our strong local roots and close-knit
culture. Stay up to date with Springfield Electric, follow us on
and . Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Sonepar is an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity
in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry,
sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability,
marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law Applicants and
employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To
learn more, . Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision Sonepar
follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency
Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, . #Indeed123
Keywords: Sonepar USA, Springfield , Quotations Coordinator, Other , Edwardsville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...