Company: Aperion Care Capitol
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Aperion Care Capitol - SUMMARY: The Dietary Aide is responsible
for aiding all food functions as directed/instructed and in
accordance with established food policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, prepare & serve meals in accordance with planned menus
with standardized recipes & special diet orders. Prepare & serve
residents nutritional bedtime snacks as well as substitute foods
for residents who refuse foods served. Also ensure food, etc., is
prepared in accordance with sanitary regulations.
- Ensure that the department is maintained in a clean & safe
manner by assuring that necessary equipment & supplies are
maintained. Dietary Aide must also ensure the facility's standards
on Infection Control Precautions are being followed when performing
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures assuring that utensils,
etc., are readily available for next meal.
- Prepare & deliver snacks, etc., as instructed. Deliver food
carts, trays to designated areas. Serve food and drinks in the
dining room as instructed. Sweeping & mopping floors in the
kitchen/dish room as instructed by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand
- Must maintain the care & use of supplies, equipment, the
appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food
service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance
of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition & enthusiasm, as
well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity
level they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles
and be willing to incorporate them into existing food
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements
of this position can be fully met.
- Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 25
pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull,
move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents
during emergency situations.
Keywords: Aperion Care Capitol, Springfield , Dietary Aide, Other , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...