Trayline Patient services
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling.MO-SSM Health St
ClareWorker Type:PRNJob Summary:Performs duties relative to the
preparation, portioning, serving and distribution of meals within
the cafeteria and to patient units. Ensures safe food handling and
sanitation standards are maintained. Duties may rotate among
preparation, serving, distribution, stocking and clean up
duties.Job Responsibilities and Requirements:PRIMARY
- Sets up stations with entrees, soups, salads, breads,
condiments, and all other food products and serving utensils to
established portions. Replenishes as needed during meal service and
breaks down at end of meal periods.
- Reads patient meal orders according to prescribed diets,
prepares trays according to menu cards. Reviews trays for
completeness and places trays on carts or appropriate
- Transports food carts and late trays to designated areas.
Ensures safe food handling and established infection control
processes. Prepares and delivers dietary food stock for patient
- Maintains a sanitary work environment through following
established procedures. Ensures all equipment is maintained and in
good working order.
- Documents the temperature of specified foods and
refrigerator/freezer units. Makes necessary adjustments and reports
problems when temperature is out of range.
- Retrieves used issued trays in a timely, efficient manner from
the cafeteria and/or patient care units. Washes and sanitizes
dishes using established methods and timeline. Puts clean dishes
and utensils away in proper areas. Cleans work area, tables,
cabinets, carts, and all other areas as assigned.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATIONEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent use of smell and taste to distinguish differences or
similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors, or
recognizing particular flavors and/or odors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, sitting,
squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional driving.Work Shift:Evening Shift (United States of
America)Job Type:EmployeeDepartment:9091000113 Food
ServicesScheduled Weekly Hours:0SSM Health complies with applicable
Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.Learn more
Keywords: SSM Health, Springfield , Trayline Patient services, Other , Fenton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!