Production Operator (Maker 2nd shift)
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty
ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of
life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the
finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our
corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson
Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices,
manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the
US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded
company (NASDAQ - BCPC) with annual revenues over $640 million and
a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company consists of four
business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition &
Health; Specialty Products; and Industrial Products. Balchem
employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse
activities, committed to developing the company into global market
leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and
growing company, visit www.balchem.com
The Wet Maker is responsible for the accurate and timely production
of liquid mix batches and movement of Wet raw materials. A Mixer is
expected to properly carry out all duties as defined below under
Essential Functions as well as be able to perform all expected
duties of Wet Maker. All work will be performed in a safe and
sanitary manner while correctly following all SOP Guidelines and
work instructions related to the Job. Duties includes (but not
limited to): proper sampling, blending, processing and cleaning of
the liquid mixes and equipment. A thorough knowledge and
understanding of all materials, equipment, processes and controls
is necessary for successful qualification. The Mixer needs to be
able to work with warehouse, quality, maintenance, production
employees and supervisors to achieve their job goals.
- Adhere and comply with all company safety policies including
reporting any unsafe acts or near misses.
- Help promote and support company health and safety policy
practices and procedures.
- Performs tasks safely and comply with GMP policies at all
- Assure adherence to all elements of SQF system and
- Identify and use the proper PPE required for tasks at
production area. Can read and understand Safety Data Sheets for
materials/chemicals used in the plant.
- Assembles, disassemble, operates, and troubleshoots related
mixing equipment including but not limited to impeller pumps,
homogenizer, positive displacement pumps, HTST, tanks, and
- Ability to lift 60 pounds unassisted is required.
- Support Leads\Packagers with tasks required.
- Understands and maintains the HACCP program in detail;
including metal detector, screen, magnet, and scale checks and
- Follow proper mixing instructions provided in the batch ticket
sheets supplied by management.
- Understands all quality testing and how to correct/troubleshoot
Out Of Spec (OOS) mix results such as pH, brix, and
- Correctly follow all production, cleaning procedures as
described in the SOP.
- Know the location of all raw and packaging materials and
finished production within the warehouse.
- Locate & maintain inventories by moving ingredients within the
inventory system (DEACOM) and bringing them to the work
- Maintains records including but not limited to computer,
sanitation, pre-op and batch tickets.
- Safely and properly operate a forklift and accessories such as
the drum dumper.
- Correctly complete and submit work orders requiring a
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment.
- Effectively perform all other duties as assigned or directed by
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the
- Solid Communication skills required between team members and
- Works collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Attend all company mandated training sessions - these include
Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, etc.
- "other duties as assigned"
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Basic math, reading and record keeping skills
- Ability to maneuver minimum of 5-gallon pails and 55-gallon
drums with proper material handling equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
- Valid driver's license for forklift license.
- Ability to follow written and flow-charted
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office product
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to cope well under deadlines and work flexibly as
needed to meet the schedule
Balchem requires anyone working in the plant or entering the
warehouse to adhere to the personal protective equipment policies
and procedures. All personal protective equipment furnished must be
worn by all employees when required or needed to perform proper and
safe working conditions.
Individual may rarely be exposed to wet or humid conditions,
working near moving mechanical parts, work in extreme heat
(non-weather), work in high noise levels and vibration. Individual
may also be periodically working in high or precarious places,
fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor
weather conditions, and extreme cold (non-weather).
Keywords: balchem, Springfield , Production Operator (Maker 2nd shift), Other , Bridgeton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!