Company: MERS MISSOURI GOODWILL INDUSTRIES
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Alton Store - Alton, IL
High School/ GED
Who are we?
MERS Missouri Goodwill's mission is "Changing lives through the
power of work." MERS Missouri Goodwill provides a variety of
programs and services to help support this mission. Some of the
many programs and services offered are career counseling, skills
training, education and literacy programs, employment services, and
1. Retail Associates provide quality customer service through many
unique positions including cashier, donation attendant and
processor. Depending on assigned duties, responsibilities may
include operation of a store cash register, machinery including
pallet jack, or material handling equipment as well as sorting,
pricing, merchandising, rotating, loading, and unloading donated
2. Interacts with staff, co-workers, and customers in a
professional, positive, and factual manner.
3. Maintains the highest standard in donor and customer relations,
including prompt, friendly, helpful, and courteous service.
Professionally answers customer/donor's questions. Refers
unresolved questions to managers.
4. Prioritizes customer/donor experiences over tasks by greeting,
acknowledging, offering assistance, and thanking each.
5. Treats donations with care and respect. Ensures donations are
secure. Safeguards agency assets including, but not limited to
cash, donated, and purchased items, from harm, damage, or theft.
Reports any incidents of theft or unauthorized possession of agency
6. Upholds cleanliness standards of the store by sweeping, dusting,
mopping, and/or shining surfaces. Keeps donation dock, parking lot,
and surrounding area from debris as well.
7. Requests assistance from managers for returns, exchanges, and
8. Promotes retail sales, promotions, and special projects.
9. Demonstrates safe workplace practices through awareness and
observation. Contributes to ensuring the workplace is hazard-free
by removing obstructions and keeping aisles and designated walkways
10. Read and follows all operational procedures in the Retail
Procedure Manual and agency employee handbook.
11. Maintains a well-groomed and professional appearance at all
times adhering to MERS/Goodwill's dress code.
12. Communicates workplace incidents and accidents to a member of
management team on duty, timely.
13. All other duties as assigned to include cross-training and
assisting in other specialized departments.
Earn $14 per hour along with monthly incentive bonuses
Position requires repetitive hand motions. While performing
essential functions, the employee is constantly standing, walking,
listening, speaking, and using hands and arms. Frequently, the
employee is required to bend, twist, push, pull, and regularly lift
and move up to 35 pounds. Occasionally, the employee is required to
climb, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 50 pounds.
Effective verbal communication skills in English as well as basic
Occasional to regular work in extreme temperatures, depending on
specialization. Exposure to dust, lint, dyes, and common cleaning
MERS/ MO Goodwill considers applicants for all positions without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital
or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical
condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
The inclusion of any unsolicited information may lead to the
disqualification of the application.
Keywords: MERS MISSOURI GOODWILL INDUSTRIES, Springfield , Retail Associate, Other , Alton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!