IL Intern - Supply Chain
Company: Dot Foods, Inc.
Location: Mount Sterling
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Location: Mt. Sterling, IL
Department: Transportation, Warehouse, or Replenishment Reports To:
Your Role: Train, learn, and work in a Supply Chain Management
related department to gain understanding of workflows, processes,
and how this department interacts with other parts of the business.
Complete a minimum of one assigned project for review and possible
implementation in addition to gaining valuable professional work
experience, knowledge, and skills.
- Training and job-shadowing within the warehouse,
transportation, replenishment, or quality departments to understand
workflows and business needs across the company
- Leadership/ownership of given project(s) in assigned
- Participation in a team project with other interns
- Problem definition, research, data collection, analysis to
determine best processes and methods for problem-solving
- Review, update, and track a variety of reports
- Present project information at the culmination of the
internship to communicate research, findings, analysis and any
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste
in all areas of the position.
- Ability to work a minimum of 350 hours during internship tenure
- Attend business, Dot specific, and personal development intern
- Potential for minimal overnight travel; ability to travel
without restriction by all modes of transportation
Work Statement: Dot Foods is not currently hiring individuals for
this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for
employment visa status.
We Need You To Have:
- Full-time student in good standing actively pursuing a degree
at an accredited college/university
- Minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
We'd Like You To Have:
- Degree work towards a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain
Management, Operations Management, Logistics, Business, Statistics,
Math, or a related field
- Effective, professional verbal, written and interpersonal
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has
created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital
part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and
respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and
count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive
working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive wages and bonus potential
- Impactful experiential learning
- Great working relationships
- Future career opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace
safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the
work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show
unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal
employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its
employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color,
religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or
veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable
federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or
for existing positions.
Keywords: Dot Foods, Inc., Springfield , IL Intern - Supply Chain, Other , Mount Sterling, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!