RN-Behavioral Health, Weekend Option (Adult Acute)
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
$20,000 Sign On Bonus AvailableDePaul Hospital is the largest
Behavioral Health Services in the St Louis area.Position is working
in our 30 Bed Adult Acute Behavioral Health. In this role you will
be working with patients who have the following:
- Aggressive Behavior
- Mood Disorders1:6 RN: Patient RatioIn this unit, you will work
within a culture of teamwork and a team of professionals that are
committed living out SSM Health's mission to serve this population.
You willwork with a leadership team that is dedicated to your
growth in your career.Provides direct patient care to behavioral
health patients in accordance with the established policies and
procedures of the facility.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes admitting and shift assessments on assigned patients
including behaviors; accurately and within time-frame set in policy
- Utilizes critical thinking skills and judgement to analyze
patient assessment data and notify physician of changes in
- Participates in the development, review and evaluation of
multidisciplinary treatment plans as per policies and
- Documents all nursing care given and adheres to nursing
standards and ministry policies and procedures.
- Consistently and accurately implements and records physicians
- Assesses and monitors patients and environment for safety
within the unit.
- Serves as a clinical resource and supervises care delivered by
LPN's and techs.
- Educates patients and families based on assessed needs and
documents education provided in the Electronic Health Record.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring
that nursing care is delivered based on patients age-specific needs
and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses
the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the
current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and
our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, Springfield , RN-Behavioral Health, Weekend Option (Adult Acute), Other , Bridgeton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!