Company: Memorial Health System
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Provides community-based recovery support services for mentally ill
clients in the Community Support Team. Ensures continuity of care
for high-risk persons suffering from mental illness through direct
clinical intervention, monitoring, and advocacy functions. Recovery
Specialist must complete paperwork per agency policies and
requirements of funding source. Employee will adhere to the
Memorial Health System (MHS) Code of Conduct, the MHS Ethics and
Corporate Compliance Plan, MBH policies and procedures, as well as
performance standards established by the governing
board/administration and accrediting bodies. Embodies the Memorial
Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy,
Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and
Bachelor's degree required,
preferably in social services field, or meets the "Mental Health
Professional" designation as determined by the Department of Human
Services. Related experience
- Must have valid IL Driver's License, clean driving record,
reliable transportation, and proof of automobile insurance.
- Must have or obtain CPR, First Aid, and Personal Safety
certifications within 45 days from date of hire.Other
- Must have keyboarding and computer skills as required by
1. Direct Clinical Services
- Provide at least 25 hours of billable service per week to
individuals within the Case Management program.
- Establish initial data including clients presenting problems,
mental status, relevant psychiatric, medical and developmental
histories to make decisions regarding diagnosis (per DSM-V),
treatment objectives and ongoing treatment plans and/or to provide
information and make appropriate referrals to other treatment
sources in the community.
- Implement crisis or pre-crisis intervention procedures with
potentially suicidal, homicidal, or severely disabled clients. Make
appropriate referrals to consulting psychiatrists or inpatient
psychiatric facilities to prevent further destabilization.
- Refer to, and work closely with, appropriate community
resources to assure client linkage to appropriate coordination
resources and delivery of appropriate services.
- Provide practical assistance to clients to improve their
ability to cope within the community within the least restrictive
setting possible (e.g. assistance with transportation, budgeting,
locating housing, and/or identifying vocational training
- Provide intensive, community based, recovery services to
mentally ill clients who are at risk of being placed in more
restrictive settings such as state hospital psychiatric units,
private psychiatric units, other long-term care facilities.
- Complete concurrent documentation at time of service with
clients.2. Client Information System
- Establish appropriate professional files, including: intake
evaluations, progress notes, treatment objectives and plans,
previous treatment records, clients' consent to current treatment
and for exchange of information.
- Complete required administrative forms (such as: 1009, 1006,
Time Off Slips, Expense Vouchers). Collect necessary information
for billing and fee collection.
- Provide necessary client information to other agencies or
health care providers to coordinate services to identified
clients.3. Training Activities/Professional Growth
- Supervisor and employee mutually identify professional goals to
enhance job skills.
- Participate in ongoing agency meetings, committees, and special
projects to enhance professional expertise.
- Complete all mandatory education requirements by specified
- Participate in required staff meetings and in-service meetings
to keep abreast of agency policy and administrative procedures,
meet requirements for continuing education, and upgrade
professional knowledge.4. Consultation/Networking
- Engage in appropriate team work functions (such as mutual
support, clarification of office responsibilities and procedures)
according to best professional judgment and agency policy to
provide a professional working environment and effective service
- Meet with supervisor to complete mandatory monthly clinical
supervision as required by the IL Department of Human Services.
- Develop cooperative relationships outside the agency with
family, physicians, public officials or interested agencies to
provide for the development of mental health services in the
- Schedule to attend psychiatric consultation meetings, including
treatment plan review meetings.
- Share relevant client data with other parties sharing
responsibility for treatment (e.g. supervisor, treating physician,
and involved collaterals).
- Work with other treatment providers to successfully
transition/stabilize mentally ill clients referred from more
restrictive treatment settings.5. Embodies the Memorial Health
System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy,
Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and
- SAFETY: Prevent Harm - I put safety first in everything I do. I
take action to ensure the safety of others.
- COURTESY: Serve Others - I treat others with dignity and
respect. I project a professional image and positive attitude.
- QUALITY: Improve Outcomes - I continually advance my knowledge,
skills and performance. I work with others to achieve superior
- EFFICIENCY: Reduce Waste - I use time and resources wisely. I
prevent defects and delays.6. Job Relationships
- Communicate directly to the Manager, Case Management Services
for clinical supervision, crisis intervention, clarification of
program procedures and policies.
- Adhere to MHS/MBH Behavioral Standards.7. Performs other
related work as required or requested. The intent of this job
description is to provide a representative summary of the major
duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job.
Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Keywords: Memorial Health System, Springfield , Recovery Specialist-CST, Other , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!