Environmental Services Aide - Full Time
Company: Kindred Healthcare
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Environmental Services Aide - Full Time
Anderson Rehabilitation Institute - Edwardsville, IL
Thisfacilityprovides care to patients recovering from stroke,
traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation, and other
complex conditions. Staff provide physical, occupational, and
speech therapy. Other special services provided will include
physiatry, internal medicine, medical/surgical consultations,
rehabilitation nursing and nutritional services. The institute hasa
dedicated pharmacy. The 49,920-square-foot facility has 34 beds and
feature all private rooms; a secured acquired brain injury unit
with private dining and therapy gym; large interdisciplinary gym
for all therapy services; transitional living apartment designed to
simulate a residential apartment, to prepare patients for their
daily living tasks before they are discharged home; and a
therapeutic courtyard with exterior amenities. It will also have
specially designed rooms to treat dialysis patients; and specialty
programs dedicated to neuro, stroke, brain injury, and
As the Housekeeping Aide you will:
Clean and service building areas including patient rooms, common
areas, floors, office areas etc. Move furniture, trash, equipment
and supplies and perform a variety of environmental services duties
to maintain the hospital in a neat, safe and sanitary
- Clean patient rooms, restrooms, lounges, offices, corridors,
walls and windows daily or as scheduled.
- Vacuum, sweep, mop, scrub and/or shine floors; replace paper
and soap products in restrooms, clean mirrors, sinks and toilets,
- Operate various types of equipment and machinery including
vacuums and floor scrubbers.
- Collect and remove trash from building each day.
- Perform all duties in a safe and professional manner and in
accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Report any malfunctions and maintenance problems. May perform
minor repairs such as changing light bulbs as needed.
- Responsible for stocking linens throughout the
- Assists with office or room moves if needed.
- Adheres to all infection control policies and procedures.
Reports safety hazards to supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears
appropriate identification while on duty
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements.
Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee
information to assure patient and/or employee rights are
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide
age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies
regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as
well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation's skills to patients,
physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with
whom they may come in contact.
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety,
Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA
privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient
confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues
and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with
standards set forth in Kindred's Code of Conduct, Kindred policy
and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Springfield , Environmental Services Aide - Full Time, Other , Edwardsville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!