Surgical Tech Travel At Home Program Opportunities
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
SSM Health DePaul Hospital is proud to announce it's newTravel
At Homeprograman alternative to travel assignments that offers:
- High Earning Potential(Hourly Base Rate, plus shift
differentials & extra shift pay incentives)
- Full time hours (36/wk minimum)
- Flexible assignment commitments (6, 8, 10, or 12 week
- Day Shift and Night Shift optionsMinimum Requirements include:
- 2 years of experienceApply Today and enjoy the ability to
"Travel At Home" as an SSM Health Surgical Technologist!Responsible
for the provision of patient care activities and related
non-professional services necessary for the care of patients and
the maintenance of the Operating Room under the direction of a
Registered Nurse. Sets up Operating Room with needed items for
patient care; gathers supplies, x-rays, instruments, etc., for
cases; handles instruments during procedures. Communicates
information to the RN regarding patients.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Practices and implements the technical components of patient
care under the supervision of a RN.
- Collaborates with the RN and other healthcare professionals. to
implement a plan of care that incorporates physician preferences,
nursing assessments and diagnostic data in a manner that is
prioritized, timely, and integrated with the plan of care.
- Prepares equipment, supply and resource needs based on an
individualized plan of care. Re-evaluates and modifies resource
needs as needed.
- Communicates accurate and timely information to the Registered
Nurse regarding patients in their care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to perform all
aspects of a variety of surgical procedures. Maintains knowledge
and skills to properly operate all surgical equipment and
instruments. Utilizes appropriate aseptic technique when handling
supplies, instruments, and equipment.
- Follows laboratory policy and procedure to correctly handle and
label all laboratory specimens.
- Documents quality controls thoroughly and accurately according
to unit specific standards.
- Demonstrates competence in problem solving, conflict
resolution, and team building. Serves as a resource to other team
- Organizes and utilizes time efficiently. Demonstrates
appropriate prioritization. Maintains an organized work
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- High school graduate or equivalentEXPERIENCE
- Either prior OR experience or graduation from an approved
surgical technician programPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of vision to judge distances and spatial
relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Constant use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Constant lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving patients.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Frequent use of speech to share information through oral
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing over 50 lbs.
- Occasional use of clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Occasional use of sitting, squatting, twisting and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Rare kneeling.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, Springfield , Surgical Tech Travel At Home Program Opportunities, Other , Bridgeton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!