Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Company: Challenge Unlimited Inc. An Abilityone Provider
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Were seeking someone who is wanting to make a difference in
someones life as a Direct Support Professional (DSP) at Challenge
Unlimited, Inc/Residential Options in Madison County and St. Clair
- NEW Competitive Pay Rate: $14.75 per hour + Full benefits!
- Shifts: Full-time AND Part-time / Days, Evenings OR Midnight
- Locations: Alton/Godfrey, Edwardsville, Pontoon Beach,
Collinsville, Belleville, IL
No experience! No Problem! We provide all the PAID training needed
to provide the best care.
Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities need
people in their lives who provide them with assistance and
instruction on completing tasks most people take for granted. The
people who provide this help and training are called Direct Support
Professionals, or DSPs. At Residential Options, our DSPs work in
residential settings helping our clients learn new skills, reach
life goals, and turn houses into homes.
- Train, supervise and assist Residents on completing Activity of
Daily Living (ADL) skills. Assist Residents by completing cleaning,
laundry, cooking, and administering proper dose and timing of
medications to Residents.
- Assist Residents with bathing, hygiene and toileting when a
Resident is not capable of completing independently. Perform tasks
necessary to maintain a safe living and working environment (i.e.
cleaning, shoveling walks, etc.)
- Provide active treatment services as outlined in each Residents
plan, and as assigned by the Residential Site Manager (RSM).
- Ensure adherence to daily activity schedules.
- Daily document services provided, progress, behaviors and
incidents in the Resident files. Comply with procedures as
indicated in Residents plan.
- Communicate individual Resident concerns and needs to the RSM.
Participate in staffing meetings as requested by the RSM.
Communicate safety concerns to RSM.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience with people with developmental disabilities (DD) or
mental illness (MI) is helpful, but not required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver's
- CPR, 1st Aid, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) and DSP
training provided by the company must be successfully completed
within the first 4 months and annually thereafter to be certified
and maintain position.
- Able to use a computer
- Must pass state required CASAS literacy assessment prior to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or national origin.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disabilityby Jobble
Keywords: Challenge Unlimited Inc. An Abilityone Provider, Springfield , Direct Support Professional (DSP), Other , Alton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!