LUNG PATIENT NAVIGATOR
Company: Southern Illinois Healthcare
Location: East Saint Louis
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Your Career. Our Company. Together, We Grow. At Southern
Illinois Healthcare (SIH), we realize that in order to provide our
surrounding communities with excellent care, we must begin by
providing our employees with that same care and appreciation. We
offer rich opportunities to develop and grow professionally, an
environment of excellence in patient care, and the awareness that
everything we accomplish is a direct outgrowth of the superb
efforts and dedication of our employees. As a non-profit system of
almost 4000 employees, we have won national acclaim for our cancer,
cardiac, stroke, bariatric, breast imaging, and rehabilitation
services. Responsible for coordination of care for lung patient
- Serves as a clinical coordinator in all aspects of lung cancer
screening program and lung nodule clinic patients and families
navigate the health care system.
- Provides initial eligibility determination and documents
pre-screening data required for patients-------- entry to
- Assists physicians in coordination of care of lung screening
and nodule clinic patients with SIH Imaging Services.
- Provides patients with smoking cessation education and
resources/referrals as appropriate.
- Refers patients to other community resources, as
- Provides ongoing navigation for patients receiving low dose CT
screening and any follow up or additional testing needed.
- Reviews and reports all results with physician.
- Documents, tracks, and reports accurately all data required
internally and externally (Lung Cancer Screening Registry)
- Communicates written treatment completion information to the
Primary Care and/or referring physician if screening results and
follow up plan as indicated by physician.
- Provides on-going documentation of nurse navigation activities
on each patient, including the time involved in these
- Assists in the development, documentation and analysis of
- Serves as a clinical resource to Intake Specialists.
- Collaborates with other department members to facilitate
effective scheduling of imaging and interventional procedures as
- Returns Southern Illinois Lung Cancer Screening phone messages
and other communication within 24 hours.
- Make financial counseling referrals as needed.
- Coordinate with Lung Cancer Nurse Navigators upon positive
- Develop & Implement a tracking system for screening and nodule
follow up as physician indicates. Qualifications
- LPN license.
- Current Illinois LPN licensure
- Technical Experience: 2 years #PIQnursingPandoLogic. Keywords:
Patient Navigator, Location: East Saint Louis, IL - 62206
Keywords: Southern Illinois Healthcare, Springfield , LUNG PATIENT NAVIGATOR, Other , East Saint Louis, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!