Now Hiring a Dispatcher in Springfield, IL!
At First Student, our Dispatchers are a constant reflection of
our company’s commitment to safety and customer service. The
Dispatcher is responsible for dispatching all buses, ensuring
on-time performance of routes, and counseling drivers and monitors
on front line.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment
- Oversees all routes and scheduling of buses; dispatch buses and
provide timely information to driver on route.
- Counsels and coaches drivers and monitors on front line
disciplinary & service issues.
- Handles heavy phone and radio traffic
- Takes all scheduling and driver complaints, report to
Operations Supervisor/Contract Manager or resolve problems directly
with the customer.
- Serves as primary communication liaison with major contracted
- May handle charter reservations, billing, or driver payroll.
May monitor licensing and participate in hiring drivers.
- Provides solutions to drop-off and pick-up problems, resolve
issues as needed.
- May handle back-up driver duties or perform miscellaneous
clerical duties while buses are in route.
- Completes assignment of special projects.
- Assists drivers with day-to-day operations and ensure
compliance with operating contract, state and local ordinances, and
company policies and procedures.
Dispatcher Experience and Skills Required:
- 3-5 years experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of radio dispatch equipment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to deliver under time constraints and deadlines
- Previous terminal operations, dispatch, or driver
- Computer literate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus but not required.
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first,
dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable
transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a
huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers
worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.