Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Provides case coordination services for psychiatric patients of all
ages and their families. Primary services include Comprehensive
Psychiatric Social History, group, individual, and family
counseling, and discharge planning. Facilitates the functioning of
the multidisciplinary team through the provisions of specific
- Master's degree in clinical psychology, counseling or related
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor; Licensed Clinical
Social Worker; or Licensed Marital and Family Therapist preferred;
must be obtained within 2 years of employment
- One to three year supervised clinical experience in a
psychiatric setting or relative field preferred.
- Obtain psychiatric social services assessments within 3 working
days after admission and record in patient's record. Assessments
must include all regulatory mandated information.
- Provide group, individual, and family counseling to patients of
all ages and their families as requested by physician or
multidisciplinary team. Documents in record after each session and
supports information needed for Utilization Review criteria and the
patient treatment plan.
- Initiates discharge planning when patient is admitted.
Discharge planning is coordinated with physician and
interprofessional team. Assures that discharge plans are secured
when patient is medically ready for discharge. Assures that all
necessary information has been transmitted to next provider of
- Maintains knowledge of community resources.
- Complies with the Illinois Mental Health Code and
- Provides leadership role in interprofessional treatment team
- Consults with colleagues for individual treatment planning of
unusual patient situations.
- Provides evidence of continuing education in the
- Assists, as needed, in the staff training, new employee
orientation, student education, community education, in-house
activities, and general public relations activities.
- Aware of and complies with department and hospital policy and
- Demonstrates knowledge of care for older adults through
accurate assessments, treatment and effective implementation of
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative
summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform
tasks other than those specifically presented in this
Keywords: Memorial Health, Springfield , Psychiatric Counselor, Other , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!