Information About this Position
- Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
No Weekend / Holiday
Company and Job Overview
BJC Home Care
offers patients and their families a complete range of home care
services, including skilled nursing services, adult and pediatric
hospice and supportive care, rehabilitation therapy, home infusion
therapy, infusion treatment rooms, home medical equipment and
high-tech respiratory care. Specialty home care programs also are
available, including adult and pediatric asthma, cardiac, diabetes,
orthopedic and wound care programs.
BJC Home Care provides care to thousands of patients in both
Missouri and Illinois. Serving more than 25 counties, it has become
the largest home care network in the region and one of the largest
in the country.
Provides skilled treatments to patients as
prescribed by the physician and directed by a licensed physical
therapist as specified in their health care service setting.
- Implements treatment plan as developed by the licensed physical
- Collaborates with the licensed physical therapist on an agreed
upon frequency to assess and reassess patient’s plan of care,
treatment goals and interventions.
- Documents patient progress in daily notes and weekly notes (as
applicable), as well as contributes recommendations to patient’s
discharge note from physical therapy.
- Assists with guidance for clinical fieldwork students under the
supervision of the licensed occupational therapist.
- Reports on interventions and patient progress during assigned
meetings and contributes to the screening and evaluation
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Associate's Degree in Physicial Therapy
- Physical Therapy Assisstant license
- Valid Driver's license
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.