Information About this Position
- Transport and 911 Response duties
- 12 hour Shifts
- Full Time only
- Benefits eligible
Company and Job Overview
Since 1937, Alton Memorial
Hospital has cared for residents in Alton, Illinois,
and the surrounding communities in a five-county area. Starting as
a land gift to the community from the Smith family, Alton Memorial
today is a full-service acute care hospital. Alton Memorial offers
patients a variety of inpatient and outpatient services, including
surgery services, medical imaging, interventional and diagnostic
heart services, cancer care, rehabilitation, 24-hour emergency
care, ambulance services and more.
The Paramedic is responsible for all
aspects of emergency medical services and non-emergency care in the
pre-hospital environment. Works under on-line and off-line medical
control providing all levels of care.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency patient care needs.
Communicates with the emergency department upon arrival.
- Provides quality patient care by assessing, planning,
implementing, and evaluating individual patient care.
- Documents initial and updated assessments on all patients.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- HS School Diploma or GED
- Valid Class D (IL) or Class E (MO) driver's license
- Paramedic license
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Equal Opportunity Employer