Federal Program Manager
Company: Magellan Health
Location: Maryland Heights
Posted on: October 12, 2021
Responsible for leadership of an EAP program and for all clinical
and operational functions within the area ensuring delivery of EAP
services and operational commitments required by client contracts.
- Participates in client organization meetings and sales
activities as requested.
- Maintains on-going rapport with contracted clients in
coordination with account and program managers.
- Ensures that area clinical and administrative staff provides
appropriate and efficient services.
- Continually monitors services and programs to ensure that
client needs and contract obligations are being met in accordance
with Magellan Behavioral Health policies and procedures.
- Directs the delivery of clinical services within the area and
ensures that quality management plans and protocols are implemented
and that clinical services are delivered in accordance with
Magellan Behavioral Health policies and procedures.
- Manages area financial performance and variances from plan;
responsible for development and implementation of area annual
- Responds to and coordinates complaint resolution within
- Directs area administrative operations activities such as lease
negotiations, staffing plans, supervision of non-clinical staff,
telephone systems, etc.
- Oversees quality management activities in coordination with
regional Quality Management staff.
- Involved in management of high-risk cases.
- Oversees all area clinical and operations personnel with
respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and dismissal; ensures
adequate training and orientation of new staff and ongoing
professional development of existing staff. Ensures area adherence
to Magellan Behavioral Health human resources policies and
- Manages legal, dependent care, and Nurseline vendor
relationships and assures compliance with customer
- Ensures that customer utilization reports and special
information requirements are met through active coordination with
ISD and Reporting Departments.
- Develops EAP operational goals and plans for effective support
of customer requirements and new EAP product and services.
- Recruits hires, orients, trains, and conducts performance
evaluations for all direct reports in accordance with Magellan
resources and affirmative action policies and practices.
10+ years' clinical and 5+ years' EAP operations
Licensure is required for this position, specifically current
license as a Masters or Doctoral-level behavioral health
practitioner that meets State, Commonwealth or customer-specific
Thorough knowledge of EAP Core Technology principles and
Understands financial and quantitative information and has ability
to manage operations within budgets.
Identifies problems, recognize symptoms and causes; establish and
Develops effective teams, through awareness of opinions, resolving
conflicts and building collaboration among all levels in the
Achieves organizational goals through development of effective
Motivates and empowers others to attain personal and team
Demonstrates excellent negotiation and communication skills.
Possesses good organizational, time management, and communications
skills., Training and Experience in Chemical Dependency Assessment
Federal Program Manager
Work Experience - Required
Clinical, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Work Experience - Preferred
Education - Required
Masters - Behavioral Health
Education - Preferred
Certifications - Required
Current licensure required for this position that meets State,
Commonwealth or customer-specific requirements - Care Mgmt, LCSW-C
- Licensed Certified Social Worker - Clinical - Care Mgmt, LCSW -
Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMHC - Licensed Mental
Health Counselor - Care Mgmt, LPCC - Licensed Professional Clinical
Counselor - Care Mgmt, LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care
Certifications - Preferred
CEAP - Certified Employee Assistance Professional - Care Mgmt
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Springfield , Federal Program Manager, Other , Maryland Heights, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!