This is a fully remote position for a Sr. Storage Engineer / Sr.
Infrastructure Engineer, allowing you to work out of the comfort of
your own home.
• Work with the team to define and implement best practices and
standards within the organization
• Automate systems administration tasks utilizing open source
configuration management tools
• Tune operating systems and applications to increase
performance and reliability of services
• Diagnose system operational problems quickly and
• Document system administration procedures for routine and
• Participate in an on-call rotation providing 24-hour, 7-day
support and off-hours maintenance windows
• Coordinate with vendors to resolve hardware and software
• Prior experience managing Linux/UNIX operating systems in a
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, and the ability
to work as part of a team
• Working knowledge of Linux system fundamentals and common
network protocols and technologies
• Ability to develop and maintain programs and scripts that aid
in the operation and automation of administrative tasks using
various shell and scripting languages.
• Ability to identify requirements and to define, plan, and
implement requisite solutions
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize tasks, and complete
assigned projects with minimal supervision
This position will analyze problems and administer more than one
infrastructure area. Will understand and develop non-functional
requirements for a system. This role is proficient at DevOps
concepts, Scripting and automated deployment, monitoring and
support. Will execute day to day tasks related to operational or
project work. Contribute to 24x7x365 days of on-call staff
- Performs daily database and database application support which
includes the following tasks: Contributing to 24x7x365 staff
coverage, Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB and MariaDB, MySQL, Hadoop,
Redshift, AWS EMR database and application server
- Assists with all duties related to on-going operational
database infrastructure on premise and in the
- Creates and maintains database objects.
- Monitors, troubleshoots and resolves failed tasks or database
- Creates databases, database clusters, assign permissions and
resolve connectivity issues.
- Assists IT management in prioritizing database administration
- Monitors database storage allocation and usage daily as
well as other resource usage.
- Assists with backup standards and schedules, and recovery
- Develops security plans, testing and maintenance. Intent
of this security plan is to establish a means of providing complete
accountability for any and all use of the databases.
- Develops and maintains the portions of the disaster recovery
plan that pertain to the database servers and provide documentation
of the steps necessary to perform the disaster recovery
process. This documentation must provide detailed
instructions on how to perform the disaster recovery plan at a
level of explanation that any member of IT would be able to perform
- Advises developers/end users on issues such as database design
and application architecture.
- Provides performance turning related to database technology and
- Provides Technical guidance to teammates.
- Exports/Imports data and data replication.
- Schedules Jobs and Events.
- Manages special projects as assigned.
3+ years minimum experience deploying and/or administrating
infrastructure solutions or database administration.
Strong working knowledge of automated deployment and Cloud
AWS Sysops certification or certifications in VMware, Microsoft,
Cisco, Avaya, Oracle, SQL Server.
Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Willing and able to quickly learn new technology., Two or more of
the these certifications: AWS Sysops certification, AWS
Solutions architect associate certification, MTA, MSCA, Cisco-CCNA,
CCNP , Database administration (Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB and
MariaDB, MySQL, Hadoop, Redshift, AWS EMR ), Avaya (ACA, ACSS,
Sr. Storage Engineer
Work Experience - Required
Work Experience - Preferred
Education - Required
Education - Preferred
Bachelors - Computer and Information Science
Certifications - Required
Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.