We are currently hiring for a Service Detailer
Technician Springfield, IL!
Schedule: Monday - Friday! Weekends off!
Hours: Second Shift 3-11:30pm
Full time, 401k, health, dental, vision insurance, paid
time off and paid weekly!
Paid Time Off provided for COVID vaccination
Call or Text "Springfield" to Laura at? (904) 541-9567
for more info!
Do you follow strict policies and procedures? (safety is of the
utmost importance to us)
Do you have Mechanical Experience?
Do you have experience repairing or replacing large equipment
tires or heavy truck tires?
Are you OK with working outside daily?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, please apply
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- ON THE JOB TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS!
- PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your
For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with
integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management
solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and
maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few
companies can spare.We are a fortune 500 company with 800+
locations and 36,000 employees across the US!
The responsibility of the Service Employee
I-Regulated is to pump gas, inspect dropped-off vehicles,
clean windshields and inside of dropped-off vehicles, and wash
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Up to one (1) year of experience preferred /no
- Proficiency in English written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated customer service skills; must be able to
understand customer's verbal communication
- Understanding of computer hardware and software, especially
word processing, spreadsheets, and email. Must be able to read and
understand codes and instructions on the computer; must have basic
computer skills and ability to perform data entryMust be 18 years
of age or older
- High degree of thoroughness and dependability; must be able to
work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends,and
holidays; must be able to work at different locations
- Ability to:
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all
levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, and
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate, and self-driven to excel, in a
- Capability for multi-tasking and highly organized, with
excellent time management skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Valid Commercial Driver License (CDL) CLASS A
- DOT Safety Regulated Position; This position requires for you
to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you
must:o Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hireo Pass
a Ryder Drug Testo Pass a DOT physicalo Pass a Ryder road testo
Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and
alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3
yearsSafety Sensitive Position
- Fuel vehicles
- Wash and detail vehicles; move heavy duty vehicles
- Perform multi-point inspection on inbound units as required by
company policies and procedures; check tire pressure; report
service issues to shop
- Record fuel activity and maintain proper fuel and DEF
inventories and reconciliation
- Maintain fuel island area to Six Sigma standards and
- Perform some facility maintenance; perform minor maintenance
tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Change tires
- Inspect refrigeration units on trucks
- Empty trash
- Perform other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug
Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Job Locations US-IL-SPRINGFIELD
Posted Date 3 hours ago (9/13/2021
Employment Type Regular-Full
Position Code 7001