Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Provides diagnostic and therapeutic outpatient services to adults
and/or children. Plans, organizes, and provides psychotherapeutic
services to clients whose level of functioning indicates they can
benefit from outpatient therapy.
Employee will adhere to the Memorial Health System (MHS) Code of
Conduct, the MHS Ethics and Corporate Compliance Plan, MBH policies
and procedures, as well as performance standards established by the
governing board/administration and accrediting bodies.
Minimum Master's in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or closely
related human service field required, preferably in social services
Must have own transportation, valid IL Driver's License, and proof
of auto liability insurance.
- Direct Clinical Services
- Develop initial comprehensive assessment data including clients
presenting problems, mental status, relevant psychiatric, medical
and developmental histories to make decisions regarding diagnosis
(per DSM-V), treatment objectives and ongoing treatment plans
and/or to provide information and make appropriate referrals to
other treatment resources in the community.
- Provide required hours of billable services per week to
- Implement crisis or pre-crisis intervention procedures with
potentially suicidal, homicidal, or severely disabled clients.
Where appropriate referrals will be made to consulting
psychiatrists or inpatient psychiatric facilities to prevent
- Interview collateral contacts, previous and current treatment
professionals, and significant others, to further establish a
database for assessment and ongoing treatment plan as needed.
- Clarify priority problems, goals for change, and session limits
according to agency policy to assist clients in developing
appropriate expectations for treatment in relationship to the
agency. Use a variety of psychotherapeutic treatment approaches and
interventions to change targeted behaviors and stabilize adaptive
behaviors with individuals, couples and families.
- Manage the termination process and discharge planning to
enhance clients' abilities to retain treatment changes and/or use
other available support services.
- May perform projective and objective psychological testing on
patients of all age ranges, as assigned.
- May organize, plan and participate in therapy groups for
victims of sexual abuse and/or their families, as assigned.
- Client Information System
- Establish appropriate professional files, including
comprehensive assessments, progress notes, treatment objectives and
plans, previous treatment records, clients' consent to current
treatment and for exchange of information.
- Complete required administrative forms (such as, Time Off
Slips, Expense Vouchers). Collect necessary information for the
purpose of billing and fee collection.
- Provide necessary client information to other agencies or
health care providers to coordinate services to identified
- Training Activities/Professional Growth
- Supervisor and employee mutually identify professional goals
that will enhance job related skills.
- Participate in ongoing agency meetings, committees and special
projects to enhance professional expertise.
- Complete mandatory education requirements by specified
- Participate in required staff meetings and in-services to keep
abreast of agency policy and administrative procedures, meet
requirements for continuing education, and upgrade professional
- Engage in appropriate team work functions (such as mutual
support, clarification of office responsibilities and procedures)
according to best professional judgment and agency policy to
provide a professional working environment and effective service
- Develop cooperative relationships outside the agency with
family, physicians, public officials or interested agencies to
provide for the development of mental health services in the
- Demonstrate through initiative and apparent effort involvement
in clinical supervision.
- Communicate directly with supervisor for clarification of
administrative policy, program evaluation to promote a professional
working environment and effective service delivery system.
- Adhere to MHS/MBH Behavioral Standards
- Other Job Responsibilities
- Ability to accommodate evening/weekend hours.
- Perform other duties as required by agency needs.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative
summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform
tasks other than those specifically presented in this
Keywords: Memorial Health, Springfield , Outpatient Therapist, Other , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!