Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Participates in the development, implementation and administration
of benefit programs. Subject matter expert in employee benefits
responsible for research, analysis and administrative support for
the employee benefit program, including health and welfare and
pension plans for all colleagues of the Memorial Health System.
- Education equivalent to a college degree, preferably in
business, human resources, or related discipline (or the equivalent
in related work experience).
- Professional certification a plus (Certified Employee Benefits
Specialist (CEBS), Society of Human Resources Management
- Minimum of three years of experience in benefits administration
is required. Previous experience in a health care setting is
- Prior experience with self-insured health plans required.
- Excellent analytical skills, written and oral communication
skills, problem solving skills, interpretation skills,
interpersonal skills, planning and organization skills and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word,
Outlook, Power Point). Lawson experience a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, DOL and
IRS regulations governing administration of both qualified and
- Self-directed with ability to work autonomously on several
- Supports administration of all benefit programs (e.g., health
and welfare, retirement plans, etc.) including qualified and
non-qualified plans. Ensures that colleague benefit programs
operate in compliance with plan designs, carrier contracts, Health
System policies, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Participates in the preparation, development and implementation
of new benefits, initiatives, programs and policies including the
evaluation and selection of service providers.
- Assists in the development and preparation of all plan
documents, amendments, contracts, summary plan descriptions,
required disclosures, including Summary Annual Reports (SARs),
Summary of Benefits Coverage (SBC), fee disclosure, Summary of
Material Modifications (SMM) and all forms of communication
materials relating to benefit plans.
- Responsible for all administrative duties for MHS defined
benefit pension plan, including the research of data for actuaries,
maintenance of pension payment data and all appropriate files in
- Responsible for pension benefit calculation requests, projected
benefit estimates, and initiate retiree pension benefits.
- Manages the dependent verification process with dependent
verification vendor. Coordinates with colleagues and vendor to
ensure all required forms are collected.
- Reviews and saves reports from vendors. This can include but is
not limited to pension, 401(k) and 403(b) plans.
- Removes terminated colleagues from the MHS Discount vendor
- Meets with and counsels colleagues/dependents in relation to
their benefits on an as-needed basis.
- Provides all statistics and related documents to auditors for
all MHS pension plans.
- Assists in administering and delivering the Health for Life
program. Assists in evaluating colleague wellness trends and
partner with benefits staff to recommend changes to benefit
programs based on the need
- Collects, manipulates, reconciles, reviews and presents
participant data as needed to administer benefit programs,
identifying and resolving issues as they arise and coordinating
with vendors as appropriate.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of the benefits
annual enrollment for the Health System.
- Provides coaching support to colleagues, beneficiaries, HR and
managers on benefit plans and the interpretation/explanation of
benefits policies, eligibility, processes, tools and systems.
- Creates documentation for new processes and accurately updates
existing documentation based on enhancements made to existing
processes. Creates and monitors processes and supports continuous
- Manages Employee Health Benefit Plan eligibility appeals
process. Review appeals, makes recommendations and communicates
outcome to colleague.
- Collaborates with vendors and internal departments on solutions
to complex problems or delivery of new or changing functionality
within benefit plans or programs.
- Maintains knowledge of laws and regulations related to benefit
programs and stays current with pending changes in laws and
regulations and their impact on programs and ensures actions are in
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars,
workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest
trends and regulatory requirements in field of expertise, and
encourages adoption of best practices by organization.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative
summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform
tasks other than those specifically presented in this
Keywords: Memorial Health, Springfield , Benefits Analyst, Other , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!