Licensed Practical Nurse
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Licensed Practical Nurse will work effectively with patients
and other staff. Under the supervision of a physician or registered
nurse, performs non-professional nursing care as assigned.
Education for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
Experience for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- One (1) or more years clinic experience preferred
- Corrections healthcare experience preferred
Licenses/Certifications for Licensed Practical
- Current, unrestricted licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse
(LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse
(LVN) within the State of Illinois
- Current CPR certification
- Observes, records and reports symptoms, reactions and changes
in the condition of all patients.
- Carries out designated nursing procedures.
- Administers medications and injections.
- Takes vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood
- Applies and changes dressings.
- Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of
- Assists with activities of daily living with special attention
to therapeutic significance.
- Assists in maintaining working and living areas and supplies in
- Serves as a member of a nursing care and treatment team.
- Assists with orientation of new employees.
- Supervises patients in the maintenance, cleanliness and
sanitation of the environment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Springfield , Licensed Practical Nurse, Other , Grafton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!