Company: Hussmann LTD
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Thorough understanding of the Engineering financial impact and a
basic understanding of the needs and impact of other functions on
the business. Engineering Processes: Good understanding and
contributor to process improvement. Project Impact: Multi-projects
with single components and sub-systems responsibility Team
Interaction: Technical leadership on smaller project
cross-functional teams External Customer Interaction: Customer
interaction on an intermittent basis Autonomy: Some guidance from
supervisor and mentors Technical Communication: Analysis and
presentation skills demonstrated Technical Judgment (Problem
Solving): Clear understanding of the issues and applies techniques
to solve quickly Developing Others: Mentoring underway with less
- Business Acumen: Leading efforts to improve the financial
impact of engineering activities on the business and a thorough
understanding of how other functions impact the business.
- Engineering Processes: Fluent in most processes and leading
- Project Impact: Responsible for managing projects requiring
multiple components and sub-systems integration.
- Team Interaction: Technical leadership on project
- External Customer Interaction: Interacts widely with external
customers and bodies
- Autonomy: Manages workload effectively with general direction
- Technical Communication: Can handle preparation and
presentation on technical subjects
- Technical Judgment (Problem Solving): Presentation of multiple
solutions and practical reasoning around final selection shown
- Developing Others: Effective at mentoring and guiding the less
- Assist in concept development and participate in the design
analyses of new and emerging technologies by independently
evaluating, selecting, and applying scientific/engineering
procedures and techniques to the subject.
- Manage known technology projects of small or moderate size and
scope; make substantial contributions to determining the
feasibility of goals and objectives; responsible for assuring
quality, cost-effectiveness, and timeliness of assigned
- Identify problems and related technical issues leading to
long-term, unique solutions; identify technical approaches for
solving problems and meet customer requirements.
- Plan and perform tasks within larger scoped projects, lead
specific parts of the project through personal knowledge, other
research team members, and outside contributors to meet task's
- Author/co-author on papers, proposals, presentations, and
- Interact collaboratively with other team members to accomplish
organizational goals; provide ideas to improve organizational
efficiency within all department levels.
- Maintain external research relationships with suppliers,
national and university labs to identify and develop new technology
- Mentor assigned staff members in the development of technical,
project, and business development skills.
- Effectively review and understand existing intellectual
property in the applicable industries and how that might impact
companies planned IP projects.
- Assist in the design and construction of early readiness level
prototypes with internal and external resources and provide
technical solutions to issues arising during the prototyping
- 5 - 7 years of experience in a related field
- BS in Engineering discipline (MS/Ph.D. Preferred)
Keywords: Hussmann LTD, Springfield , Research Engineer, Other , Bridgeton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!