Medical Staff Services Coordinator
Company: Dean Health
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- Assists medical staff with development of bylaws and related
procedures; with the development of credentialing criteria,
privilege delineations and documents necessary to an effective
- Develops and maintains yearly calendar of medical staff
meetings and special events and coordinates agenda, packets,
minutes and follow up for meetings.
- Understands and complies with the Joint Commission and Centers
for Medicare & Medicaid Services requirements for medical staff and
participates in the continual survey readiness process and
regulatory review of credential files.
- Orients medical staff leadership to key policies related to
their roles and orients new medical staff members to the medical
staff bylaws, key policies, medical staff structure and performance
- May administer all credentialing, reappointment and privileging
processes in accordance with medical staff bylaws, rules and
regulations, Joint Commission standards, and State and Federal
- May prepare credentialing reports and action items for the
- May provide administrative support as needed.
- May develop, distribute and archive the Emergency On-Call
schedule as required by State and Federal Law.
- May maintain the credentialing and privileging software to
ensure that information is available for privilege verification as
- May assist with scheduling and tracking of physician
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience in hospital/managed care activities related
to physician services (e.g. quality/peer review activities,
credentialing, recruiting, etc)
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
- Coordinates credentialing and recredentialing, coordination of
medical staff meetings and providing support for the medical staff
Keywords: Dean Health, Springfield , Medical Staff Services Coordinator, Other , Fenton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!