Elevator Superintendent - Topflight Grain Cooperative - Lincoln, IL
Company: GrowMark Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
COMPANY: Topflight Grain Cooperative
HIRING MANAGER: Chris Haskins
LOCATION: Lincoln, IL
This position entails the supervision of day to day activities
of a designated grain elevator(s). This includes the coordination
of elevator operations staff and oversight of grain
inventory/handling, grain quality/conditioning, elevator equipment,
housekeeping, maintenance, rail loading preparations/activities,
and the loading/unloading of grain trucks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Gain a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in the
operation of assigned grain elevators, and/or vehicles.
- Manage all inbound/outbound grain loading/unloading, grain
handling/positioning and grain grading/quality/conditioning.
- Able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to climb
ladders daily to heights generally ranging from 4ft-25ft.
- Perform basic repairs and maintain a preventative maintenance
program on machinery, equipment, and company vehicles.
- Complete all housekeeping assignments, work to improve the
condition of all facility areas.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary workplace. Promote safety amongst
customers and employees.
- Willing to work weekends, seasonal hours, holidays, on-call,
and overtime if needed.
- Must maintain a high level of customer service.
- Grain Handling: Bin shoveling, bin sweeping, bin measurements,
monitor temperature cables, walking flats, monitoring fan usage,
transferring grain, etc.
- Prepare rail cars, opening/closing lids, inspecting, sealing
- Manipulate controls, levers, and valves to start pumps,
auxiliary equipment, or conveyors, and to adjust equipment
positions, speeds, timing, and material flows.
- Observe conveyor operations and monitor lights, dials, and
gauges, in order to maintain specified operating levels and to
detect equipment malfunctions.
- Weigh or measure materials and products, using scales or other
measuring instruments, or read scales on conveyors that continually
weigh grains, in order to verify specific weighs and prevent
- Monitor grain dryer operations.
- Communicates daily with Operations Manager and/or Operations
Asst. Managers on grain loading/unloading plans, technical
developments and operating improvements within the elevator.
Coordinate repair work with Operations Manager and Maintenance
- Maintain the general appearance of the facility to include
elevator, grounds, buildings etc. Includes location upkeep of yard
work such as mowing and trimming.
- Clean, sterilize, and maintain equipment, machinery, and work
stations, using hand tools, shovels, brooms, chemicals, hoses, and
- Train and supervise Elevator Operations staff and Seasonal
Employees in operations and facility maintenance/upkeep.
- Able to drive and operate elevator equipment. Bobcat, forklift,
- Good communication skills with customers and fellow
- Exhibit regular and prompt attendance. Exhibit a professional
image and maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Able to work under time constraints.
- Experience in grain elevator management/operations, grain
handling, grain quality control preferred.
- Keeps up to date on government (OSHA, State, Federal, etc.)
regulations concerning the handling and storing of grain
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent. Related work experience
Keywords: GrowMark Inc., Springfield , Elevator Superintendent - Topflight Grain Cooperative - Lincoln, IL, Other , Lincoln, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!