Ranken Jordan is the country's first pediatric bridge hospital.
Inpatients and outpatients with complex medical conditions,
injuries and illnesses come to our one-of-a-kind facility from
throughout the region to get better faster and prepare for the
transition back to home.
At Ranken Jordan, more than half of our kids have airway needs,
so your professional expertise is valued and vital. We need
talented respiratory therapists who have a passion for serving this
fragile population. Our kids depend on them to learn how to live a
quality life at home with airway needs.
They need amazing new employees like YOU!
Please watch our employee testimonial:
A Peek Behind the Room Divider:
- Founded in 1941 by Mary Ranken Jordan who implored her staff to
"...consider the children, first, in all that we do." These words
still guide every employee, every day.
- Our guiding mission is to help kids and their families'
transition from hospital to home. That means we practice
world-class pediatric medicine to treat the symptoms but we also
train parents and caregivers to provide a high-level of care at
home so patients continue to progress after discharge
- "Care Beyond the Bedside" means that our kids receive their
therapies and rehab away from their rooms and out of their beds as
much as 70% of the day. The rest of the time, they are playing just
being kids in our state of the art facility designed to inspire
- In 2002, we opened our current 34 inpatient hospital in
Maryland Heights, MO. In 2018, we completed a 78,000 sq. ft.
addition to double our inpatient beds to 60+ and expand our
- We also offer Community Programs that provide wonderful
recreational and educational programs for all kids and their
families...at no charge!
Ranken Jordan is looking for full time Respiratory Care
Practitioners (12 hr/shifts). RRT's at Ranken Jordan perform direct
patient care in all aspects of respiratory therapy according to
physician's orders. Consult physicians or nurse practitioner on
effectiveness of therapy. Provide ventilator support during
cardiopulmonary resuscitation and maintains life support equipment.
Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our
mission, values and guiding principles.
Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure: Yes
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates proper time management skills and priority
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and identify actual physical
and psychosocial needs of the patient and their families, documents
in the medical record and communicates this information to other
staff members as appropriate.
- Implements appropriate Respiratory Care interventions in
routine and emergency situations.
- Documents the evaluation of the effectiveness of therapy and in
an accurate, timely and organized manner.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge base related to
cardiopulmonary medications and respiratory care equipment and
- Identifies patient education needs and utilizes appropriate
resources to meet those needs while documenting patient/family
response to this training.
- Demonstrates flexibility regarding workload, assignments, and
- Demonstrates competence in assisting medical staff with
diagnostic and therapeutic interventions.
- All other duties as assigned by the Respiratory Care
- The Respiratory Care Practitioner must possess a Missouri
license to practice.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart
- Current PALS certification or completion within 12 months for
those individuals with 0.5 FTE or greater position.
- Candidate must have strong communication skills and the ability
to work independently.
- Previous experience in a pediatric setting preferred.
These include stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, grasping,
pulling, pushing, standing, carrying, and lifting of light loads
(up to 35 lb.), as necessary.
Ranken Jordan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified
applicants are considered for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
The Ranken-Jordan Home for Convalescent Crippled Children