Wexford Health Sources, the nation's leading innovative
correctional health care company, provides clients with experienced
management and technologically advanced services, combined with
programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two
decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing
expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy,
utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing,
and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not
be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need
and the corrections environment is our venue. This is for a per
diem Staff Assistant at Southwestern Correctional Center in East
St. Louis, IL.
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford manager,
provides general secretarial and receptionist services to the
Administrative Director(s) of the Unit.
- Perform Clerical / Technical duties
- Prepare and type reports/correspondence for Administrative
- Answer telephone, relay messages and transfer calls as
- Develop and maintain filing system for all material.
- Schedule appointments for Administrative Director (s).
- Collect, sort and distribute daily mail.
- Orders office supplies as needed.
- Takes minutes of meetings and other dictation as
- Maintain resident correspondence file.
- Secure information for responses of inquires.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all correspondence and
- Approaches change in a positive manner.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the
- Accepts constructive advice/criticism and learns from it.
- Accepts constructive criticism in stressful situations.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction,
perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Conforms to Wexford Health Sources, Inc., and facility
regulations as appropriate, to include, but not be limited to:
- Dress code
- Schedule/time sheet
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedure for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll
purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which
includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and
health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered
while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in
buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An
equivalent combination of education and experience may be
TRAVEL: No travel required.
LICENSING: None required.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
- Minimum two (2) years secretarial experience.
- Proficient in the use of computer, dictating and copying
EDUCATION: High school graduate or equivalent.