Company: Hanson Professional Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
Hanson Professional Services Inc., is seeking a candidate to
fill a full time Project Administrator position for our
Springfield, IL (preferred) office; other office locations
negotiable. Work from home application may be considered after the
first year of employment is completed.
This position will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day
administration of projects on behalf of assigned Project Managers.
Areas of responsibility will include assisting with project
planning and start up, project execution and monitoring, and
project close out. This position will complete and coordinate
project administration activities while informing project managers
of project status and engaging them in critical project control
functions. This position will also interface with the accounting
department on behalf of the project managers and their projects.
Works under moderate supervision within established procedures.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Assist and coordinate project planning & startup action items
such as, obtaining project numbers from the project registry,
preparing project startup forms / starting up project in accounting
software, administer/input startup data into market/client specific
worksheets and online systems.
- Obtain Certificates of Insurance (COIs) for Hanson and from
subcontractors and track renewals, and obtain and file final
executed agreements and COIs in accordance with company
- Start project case history process and update at milestones
during the project.
- Monitor unbilled revenue reports and prepare draft (possibly
customized) invoices with project manager input; follow-up on
outstanding invoices; log unbilled revenue and accounts receivable
feedback from project managers and clients.
- Coordinate processing of subcontractor invoices; verify proper
charge codes and conformance with subcontractor agreement
- Assist with startup/accounting software, budget report and WBS
changes due to contract modifications.
- Keep project manager and project staff accountable to
established records management policy or system established for the
project; initiate and help maintain electronic and/or hard copy
records management system.
- Encourage/spot audit project staff compliance with quality
- Administer/maintain project execution data required in
market/client specific worksheets and online systems.
- Maintain end of project audit data/records, maintain and report
on equal opportunity/small business/disadvantaged business
subcontractor project involvement to government contracting
authorities for compliance purposes.
- Coordinate and ensure completion of all project closeout
activities (accounting functions, project records, case histories,
lessons learned capture).
- Administer/input closeout data into market/client specific
worksheets and online systems.
- Prepare and finalize period accounting/project budget report
changes with project manager input; confirm revenue is recognized
properly; submit changes to and coordinate with accounting
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel; Access a
- Experience or ability to become proficient in enterprise
resource planning software (Microsoft Dynamics 365)
- Must have a high school diploma and at least 6 years of
combined training and experience in work areas related to the
- Must have a degree from a 2-year college program, and 4 years
of combined training and experience in work areas related to the
- A bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or project
management is a plus
- General project related accounting/bookkeeping knowledge is
Essential Soft Skills:
- Must be able to communicate project administrative requirements
to project managers, accountants, market principals, and other
stakeholders involved with engineering projects.
- Must be able to build effective relationships with internal
client base and also communicate with external client accountants
and administrators from time-to-time.
- Must have time management skills and adhere to internal
accounting and project timeline requirements.
- Must be highly organized and possess the ability to manage
multiple requests from different project managers during critical
- Must be detail oriented and accurate regarding data.
- Must be willing to track project billable time to the 0.1 hour
when necessary and timesheets are required to be submitted
Working at Hanson:
- Must be able to collaborate remotely with colleagues in other
offices using current technology.
- Must be willing to accept periodic out-of-town travel
assignments to meet project needs.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime to meet project
demands and deadlines.
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government
regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where
they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals,
employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals
with disabilities and veterans.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY - AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES /
Keywords: Hanson Professional Services, Springfield , Project Administrator, Other , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!