Swim Instructor/ Aquatics/ Randolph County/ Part Time
Company: YMCA of Greater St Louis
Location: Red Bud
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit,
charitable organization committed to strengthening community
through youth development, healthy living and social
responsibility. The Swim Instructor maintains a supportive,
positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals and
provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students
in swim classes.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture.
In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities
with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are
open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are
genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are
hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst
in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to
develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we
are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning
with you. The Gateway Region YMCA strictly follows a zero tolerance
policy regarding child abuse.
- Instructs swimming lessons in accordance with YMCA guidelines,
having prepared lesson plans accordingly, and supports members and
program participants in achieving their goals.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with volunteers,
members or program participants, and colleagues at all levels of
the organization; helps participants and families connect with each
other and the YMCA; and encourages parent or caregiver
- Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as
appropriate refers program participants and families to other
- Maintains records as required (e.g., attendance, progress
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures,
including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and
accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged
- Trains and supervises class aides as assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- YMCA Swim Instructor certification, or equivalent.
- Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in
accordance with YMCA standards.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time
and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be
able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
- Endure extreme temperature conditions - up to 95 degrees, 100%
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Keywords: YMCA of Greater St Louis, Springfield , Swim Instructor/ Aquatics/ Randolph County/ Part Time, Other , Red Bud, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!