Patient Registration Clerk
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Assists in providing access to services provided at the hospital
and/or other service area. Processes registration information for
the patient visit, obtaining patient demographic and third party
information with a high degree of accuracy, and performs financial
collections. Performs the timely completion, preparation, and
deployment of legal, ethical and compliance related documents that
must be presented and thoroughly explained to the patient at the
time of registration. Maintains knowledge of JCAHO, Patient Rights
and Responsibilities, HIPAA, HMOs, Commercial Payers, and
departmental / system policies and procedures. Work may be
performed in a patient care area. Serves as a liaison between
ancillary departments and other Patient Access Services areas.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One (1) years of business office experience, preferably in the
areas of Patient Access, billing, collections, insurance
principles/practices, or accounts receivable. Completion of 12
(twelve) hours of coursework in a business or healthcare related
field of study may be considered in lieu of business office
experience. Previous experience in Patient Access is highly
- Knowledge of all tasks performed in the various Patient Access
Service areas is necessary to provide optimum internal and external
customer satisfaction and provide the opportunity for accurate
- Demonstrates superior patient relations and interpersonal
skills; demonstrates an appropriate level of mental and emotional
tolerance and even temperament when dealing with staff, patients
and general public, using tact, sensitivity and sound judgment;
promotes a positive work environment and contributes to the overall
team efforts of the department and organization.
- Working knowledge of computers is required, with the ability to
enter and retrieve data, and electronically notate registration
software, and other required applications/systems.
- Must demonstrate detail orientation, critical thinking, and
problem solving ability.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication and
customer service skills, with ability to maintain a calm and
professional demeanor in high stress situations.
- Demonstrated ability to remain flexible, and consistently
exercise sound judgment and initiative in very stressful
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and work
independently in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must demonstrate ability to educate, persuade, and negotiate
effectively with patients and families.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical procedural (CPT) and
diagnosis (ICD-9 CM) coding, and hospital billing claims preferred,
but not required.
Keywords: Memorial Health, Springfield , Patient Registration Clerk, Other , Jacksonville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!