Medical Records Director
Company: Wexford Health Sources Inc
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative
correctional health care companies, provides clients with
experienced management and technologically advanced services,
combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality.
For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered
proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral
health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting,
claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not
be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need
and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Medical
Records Director to join our team of healthcare professionals at
Logan Correctional Center in Lincoln, IL.
We're proud to offer a competitive benefits package
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of the Medical Director or
Designated Wexford Manager, responsible for directing health
records staff and for managing the health records department in
compliance with all applicable standards, policies and
- Oversee the daily operations of the health records
- Ensure that a health record is maintained on each inmate in a
confidential and secure manner.
- Ensure that all Facility and Wexford contractual agreements are
met in regards to medical records.
- Pre-audit and prepare medical records for monthly and/or
- Address all court/legal-related correspondence as it related to
health records in a timely manner in accords with policies and
- Present self to court as the medical records custodian when
- Participate in the Quality Improvement program by attending
meetings and reporting on data assigned for collection or in a
capacity as requested.
- Collect and submit information for monthly statistical
- Ensure appropriate and quality orientation for all newly hired
- Notify the Staffing Department of vacant or upcoming vacant
positions in a timely manner.
- Act as a consultant to all health unit departments regarding
their record keeping procedures.
- Develop employee improvement programs, orientation programs and
health records in-services for staff and staff orienteer.
- Familiarize self with all rules, regulations, statutes,
policies and procedures governing the health record.
- Develop and update appropriate policies and procedures.
- Provide input for employee performance evaluations on employees
- Develop and implement corrective action plans for health
records contract audit issues.
- Communicate with HCUA and Designated Wexford Manager on issues
or deficiencies related to the medical records department.
- Arrange for manual tracking of patients who require histories
and physicals, and conveys this information to the Health
Assessment nurse or other appropriate person (s).
- Assign staff members to routinely review health records for
signature/name stamp, dates, and time deficiencies and reports
non-compliance of health care providers to the Medical Director,
Director of Nursing and/or the Regional Administrator as
- Ensure that all forms contained in the health records are
- Direct day-to-day activities of personnel engaged in analyzing,
compiling, indexing and filing medical records of patients.
- Assist medical staff in research, prepares periodic and
statistical reports; and provides information to qualified
personnel as assigned.
- Quarterly review Department of Correction guidelines and
monitors for compliance.
- Represent the Medical Records Department at all appropriate
Medical Unit and the Center's meetings.
- Train and supervise clerical and medical record personnel in
medical record procedures and medical terminology.
- Maintain and ensure confidentiality of health records.
- Notify Regional Administrator of staffing variances related to
the Schedule E.
- Obtain approval of IDOC and Wexford administration prior to
exceeding staffing hours as stipulated in the Schedule E.
- Strive to ensure 100% compliance of Schedule E staffing hours
for the Medical Records Director position and any and all other
Medical Records subordinate positions.
- Comply with and enforce Wexford Policy and Procedures and
ensure subordinate compliance.
- Maintain the confidentiality of inmate records.
- Approach change in a positive manner.
- Make suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical
Director and Health Care Unit Administrator.
- Accept constructive advice/criticism and learns from it.
- Maintains composure in stressful situations.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction,
perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Conforms to Wexford Health Sources, Inc., and Facility
regulations as appropriate, to include, but not be limited to:
- Dress code
- Schedule/time sheet/time clock
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedure for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll
purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which
includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and
health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered
while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in
buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An
equivalent combination of education and experience may be
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills
- Two (2) years experience preferred
- NCCHC and ACA exp preferred
- Management of Ambulatory Care preferred
- Registered Record Administrator preferred
- Accredited Record Technician in Medical Records Science
- Must have passed the American Records Association
- RHIT or RHIA required
Keywords: Wexford Health Sources Inc, Springfield , Medical Records Director, Other , Lincoln, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!