Posted on: November 22, 2020
JOB SUMMARY : To research, implement, coordinate, and evaluate
benefit programs for The Hope Institute. Ensure the best possible
rates and programs are available to the agency and its employees.
Ensure a quality, cost effective benefit administration program is
delivered and maintained for The Hope Institute and its
- Processes and maintains health, dental, disability, life,
flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) plan transactions, and
legally mandated benefit information, enrollment documentation and
- Assists the Chief HR Officer in researching and proposing new
benefit packages in relation to the needs and budget of the
- Conducts benefits orientation and training activities for new
hires, employees newly eligible for benefits and annual open
- Plans and coordinates informational meetings for employees
regarding benefit plans, employee assistance program and 401k
- Monitors and audits insurance invoices for accuracy.
- Participates in regular meetings with various staff to discuss
Issues concerning benefit administration, leaves of absence
- Administers all FMLA activities. Tracks and ensures compliance
with federal FMLA regulations.
- Ensures the preparation of all required and requested reports
within established time frames. Ensures acceptable completeness,
clarity, and accuracy in the preparation of such documents.
- Ensures compliance with all federal programs such as HIPPA,
COBRA, FMLA, VESSA, ADA, ACA etc.
- Answers questions related to benefit eligibility, amounts of
coverage, and claims procedures for employees.
- Provides timely response to all employee inquires and
complaints to ensure quick, equitable, and courteous
- Administers all employee Leaves of Absence (military, medical,
- Assumes responsibility as a mandated reporter concerning
incidents of alleged abuse/neglect of individuals we serve, as
outlined in the Agency Policy/Procedures.
- Completes all other duties as required or assigned which are
reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
Work is performed primarily in an indoor office or classroom
environment, free from extreme weather conditions. Work may include
walking tours, close physical interactions and the requirement to
drive. Work may include a moderate amount of noise (business office
with computers, phone and printers).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
TRAINING, ACADEMIC AND EXPERIENTIAL REQURIEMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in the Human
Resources or business-related field.
- Minimum of two years' experience working in Human Resources,
insurance or benefit administration.
- Possess basic knowledge of relevant laws and regulations
applicable to plan administration, FMLA, ADA and Affordable Care
- Demonstrated track record of good judgement and leadership
skills which include the ability to work cooperatively with
administration, staff, and other persons external to the
- Proficient in MS Office products and other benefit software as
- Successful background clearance, physical and drug/alcohol
- Previous experience with benefit administration.
Keywords: Hope, Springfield , Benefits Specialist, Other , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!