Direct Support Professional
Posted on: November 20, 2020
NOW STARTING AT $13.07 PER HOUR PLUS SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL FOR 2ND
AND 3RD SHIFTS!!
Habilitation Specialist (DSP)
Do you have a passion to work with children with disabilities? Are
you seeking a stable, positive work environment with the
opportunity for growth? Seeking to start a new position as soon as
Full-Time Position with Benefits!
Join the Hope team!
Shift Options: $13.07 is the base rate of pay for all positions,
however there is additional pay for 2nd shift and 3rd shifts. 2nd
shift will be paid an additional $0.60 per hour and 3rd shift will
be paid an additional $0.40 per hour.
First Shift - 7:00am - 3:30pm
Second Shift - 2:30pm - 11:00pm
Third Shift - 11:00pm - 7:30am
*Note: Candidates must be willing to work mandatory Overtime for
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE:
The Direct Support Professional is responsible for the supervision,
program implementation, and documentation for a variety of
individual daily routines and personal daily living needs for their
assigned children. The Direct Support Professional shall assist in
the development and implementation of individual program plans and
shall participate as an interdisciplinary team member for their
assigned youth. The Direct Support Professional shall promptly
report any behavioral and/or medical changes in their assigned
youth and shall be responsible for promptly reporting any necessary
repairs or safety concerns that they observe. The Direct Support
Professional shall ensure that youth are safe; that youth achieve
maximum levels of independence in self-help, independent living,
social skills; and that youth enjoy programs, services, and
- Carries out individual youth programs ensuring that youth are
engaged in programs and activities which support the goals of the
youths Individual Support and Service Plan
- Actively participates with youth in all scheduled
- Consistently assists youth in the area of self-help skills,
(Eating, dressing, toileting, feeding communication etc.).
- Willingly accompanies youth on off campus field trips.
- Engages youth in activities as defined/listed in the youth's
- Documents necessary and/or requested information on a daily
basis that would include but not be limited to: log notes,
behavioral data sheets, program data, incident or general event
- Read and submit T-logs of youth in home.
- Document Medication passes on EMARS in Therap.
- Follows safe lifting practices in lifting and moving youth who
are in a wheelchair or who need special assistance. OTHER
- Recognizes behavioral signs if illness, pain, injury,
discomfort or any deviation from the normal behavior and promptly
reports those deviations to the appropriate person.
- Assumes responsibility for completing support service tasks
(i.e., general housekeeping) as assigned.
- Assumes responsibility as a mandated reporter concerning
incidents of purported abuse/neglect of youth, as outlined in the
- Models appropriate behavior and dress for youth (manner of
speech, dresses appropriately, etc.
- Attends required training.
- Assumes responsibility for assuring compliance of youth rights
and program delivery as defined in the Illinois Department of
Mental Health Code and the Confidentiality Act, as well as the
Child Care Act of the Department of Children and Family
- Attends meetings pertaining to youth, (staffings, pre-clinics
and team meetings).
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are
reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Successful background clearance, physical and drug/alcohol
- Lift, push, pull and/ or carry 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, grasp, reach, stoop, crouch, crawl and
- Must pass the physical agility test at the time of hire
- A valid Illinois driver's license
Keywords: Hope, Springfield , Direct Support Professional, Other , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!