MFH - SOS State Coordinator
Company: Strategic Resources, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2020
* Contact Survivors in both writing as well as telephonically to
introduce the SOS Program and assure them of continued assistance
when transitioning from the CAO.
* Enter a DCIPS journal and SOS Module case note when acknowledging
the receipt of the case. Then, connect Survivors with support
groups, spiritual resources, and the bereavement of financial
* Work with the CAO and CAC to ensure Survivors receive a seamless
transition of long-term support, including:
* Federal and State benefits
* Commissary or Post Exchange
* Posthumous citizenship
* Medical Care
* Death gratuity
* Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
* Referral to bereavement counseling services
* ID/DEERS/Survivor ID where eligible and applicable
* Provide, at a minimum, general beneficiary counseling, referrals
to certified financial counselors, and coordination assistance to
all Survivors who request support.
* Provide basic financial referral to Surviving Families.
* Ensure Surviving Families can remain connected to State sponsored
* Work with the Fallen Warrior s last unit of assignment to ensure
Surviving Families are invited and welcomed to special Family
events, such as Family day, and the unit s annual holiday
* Provide ARNG-HRS a consolidated monthly report from the
* Attend at least one professional development training per
* Deliver a monthly report to be reviewed by the Military Authority
in order for the state oversight to understand monthly work flow by
each state coordinator.
Required Skills, Education, Experience, and Abilities:
* Minimum of a high school diploma required.
* Exceptional leadership, communication, time management,
facilitation, and organizational skills.
* Broad-based knowledge, experience, and skills in the areas of
SOS, military personnel, casualty assistance, and Family programs
as well as an understanding of the ARNG.
* Must demonstrate knowledge of internet interaction, use of
government s databases, reports preparation, regulation
interpretation and report analysis.
* Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Possess a current and valid state driver s license.
* Be a self-starter and be able to execute responsibilities with
* Ability to plan and organize work activities to achieve
established program objectives goals.
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
* Be a US Citizen.
Strategic Resources is an Equal opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment
process because of a medical condition or disability, please send
an e-mail to ACCOMMODATION@sri-hq.com or call 703-749-3040 to let
us know the nature of your request.
Keywords: Strategic Resources, Inc., Springfield , MFH - SOS State Coordinator, Other , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!