Company: Memorial Health System
Posted on: February 16, 2020
This position exists to fill vacancy in a variety of areas
including room service dining, catering, cafeteria and caf--.
Employees perform a combination of tasks in preparing,
transporting, serving and cleaning in order to provide quality food
and service to patients and retail customers. Responsible for
quick, accurate, and courteous service, and resolution of customer
concerns. The position is responsible for associated sanitation,
cleaning and infection control practices that ensure food safety.
Requires knowledge of basic food safety, infection control and
sanitation; and good customer service skills, including service
recovery. Works under direct supervision of team leader or area
manager.Education:High School education or GED preferred.
Experience:One or more years experience in food service
preferred.Service oriented, one-year experience in position dealing
with the public preferred. Other
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:Knowledge of principles of food
sanitation, health hazards, and the necessary precautionary
measures.Ability to push, pull, and transport up to 30 lbs. and
stand/walk for prolonged periods of time.Ability to multi-task
while working on multiple responsibilities
simultaneously.Interpersonal skills to interact with co-workers,
medical staff, patients, team leaders and management.Ability to
read and write, follow verbal and written instructions.Ability to
work as a team member.Demonstrates excellent oral communication and
customer relations skills.
- Complete setup, stock and sanitation of workstations following
- Accurately assemble patient meals to order.
- Deliver patient meals and nourishments accurately and in a
timely manner, according to proper procedures.
- Responds to patient requests for personal/nursing care by
alerting the appropriate staff to assist the patient.
- Identifies situations that may indicate a violation or
infraction of food service/room service policies and report to
- Adequately inventory nursing units for bulk nourishments and
- Deliver and stock bulk nourishments on nursing units as
- Rotates food stock based on use by dates following standard
- Retrieves soiled trays from nursing units in a timely
- Performs sanitation duties according to department procedures,
including but not limited to recording of food temperatures and
sanitizer test logs.
- Demonstrates use of quality improvement in daily
- Identifies and responds appropriately to patient and customer
- Prepares, replenishes and serves a variety of foods.
- Transport food, supplies and equipment as directed.
- Safely operates a variety of food service equipment including
but not limited to Panini grill, turbo chef oven, indication cook
top, meat slicer, food processor, immersion blender, tomato slicer,
garbage disposal, pulper, and dish machine.
- Records appropriate information on various documents per
department procedure including but not limited to production
sheets, food waste evaluation form, catering inventory sheets,
deposit tapes, and cash drawer verification log.
- Perform routine clerical tasks such as answering telephone,
using vocera, operating cash register, and money handling.
- Performs other related work as required or requested. The
intent of this job description is to provide a representative
summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform
tasks other than those specifically presented in this
Keywords: Memorial Health System, Springfield , Dietary Aide, Other , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!